這故事是那麽扣人心弦,使人急於要知道下文如何。 The story is so gripping;it makes you thirst for the next episode.
可是,哎呀,要麽就是鎖太大了,要麽就是鑰匙太小了,哪個門也用不上。 but, alas! either the locks were too large, or the key was too small, but at any rate it would not open any of them.
哎呀!我們失去了這麽好的一次機會。 Alas the day! We have lost such a good chance.
接近加冕時,他為了本區的一件不知道什麽小事,到巴黎去過一趟。 About the epoch of the coronation, some petty affair connected with his curacy--just what, is not precisely known--took him to Paris.
現在,當我們由於新的歷史環境而進入於一個新的時代——無産階級革命的時代,捨米契在這一切以後卻引證斯大林在俄國資産階級民主革命時期所寫的那本小册子中的一個地方,這能有什麽意義呢? After all this, what significance can Semich's reference to the passage in Stalin's pamphlet, written in the period of the bourgeois-democratic revolution in Russia, have at the present time, when, as a consequence of the new historical situation, we have entered a new epoch, the epoch of proletarian revolution?
但是一看到吉英的病並不怎麽嚴重,她就滿意了;她也並不希望吉英馬上復元,因為,要是一復元,她就得離開尼日斐花園回傢去。 but being satisfied on seeing her, that her illness was not alarming, she had no wish of her recovering immediately, as her restoration to health would probably remove her from Netherfield.
我的勇氣恢復了,未來看起來不再那麽令人畏懼! My courage was renewed and somehow r the future didn't seem so alarming.
同伴們並未發生什麽特別令人擔驚受怕的事情。 Nothing particularly alarming is happening to its companions.
朋友們再三要請釧斯醫生來替我看病,因此,要是你們他上我這兒來過,可別驚訝。我衹不過有點兒喉嚨痛和頭痛,並沒有什麽大不了的毛病。 They insist also on my seeing Mr. Jones -- therefore do not be alarmed if you should hear of his having been to me -- and excepting a sore throat and head-ache, there is not much the matter with me.
公共項目的領導者們對一傢私人公司打算將那麽多遺傳信息申請專利,感到驚慌失措。於是,他們加快了他們的進程。 The leaders of the public programme alarmed at the prospect of a private company gaining patent rights to so much genetic information promptly accelerated their schedule;
不要以為有一點精神污染不算什麽,值不得大驚小怪。 Don't think that a little mental pollution doesn't matter much, that it's nothing to be alarmed at.
前一段出了點差錯沒有什麽了不起,不值得那麽大驚小怪。 Recently we have made some mistakes in our work, but that's nothing to be alarmed at.
告訴我,這個方程式怎麽解。 Show me how to solve this equation.
確實沒什麽可大驚小怪的。 There 's really no cause to be alarmed.
沒什麽可大驚小怪的。 There 's nothing to be alarmed about.
確實沒什麽可大驚小怪的。 There's really no cause to be alarmed.
沒什麽可大驚小怪的。 There's nothing to be alarmed about.
對於馬術來說又有什麽特別的呢? What's special for equestrian?
她一遍又一遍地問,“阿蘭,怎麽了?” she kept asking over and over again“Alan, what’s wrong?
阿蘭突然意識到他必須得做些什麽了。 Alan suddenly realized what he had to do.
他們幾乎像如意神燈那麽迅速有效。 They are almost as expeditious and effectual as Aladdin's lamp.
現在阿拉丁感到害怕了:“我怎麽出去呢? Now Aladdin was afraid, "How can I get out?
阿拉丁從未見過這麽漂亮的人。 Aladdin had never seen anyone so beautiful.
我夢想有一天,亞拉巴馬州會有所改變——儘管該州州長現在仍滔滔不絶地說什麽要對聯邦法令提出異議和拒絶執行——在那裏,黑人兒童能夠和白人兒童兄弟姐妹般地攜手並行。 I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.
稅務局:這要看所轉讓的股權是怎麽形成的? Tax official: at first, you would better make clear that in what form the equity arise?
納稅人:我公司正打算與另一傢外資企業合併,請問股權轉讓怎麽納稅? Taxpayer: well, we are planning to transfer our equity into another company, I want to know whether my company will pay business tax on it.
莫信托未來,不管它多麽歡暢! Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant!
歐文,他叫什麽來着,歐文。斯通? Erving. What's he calling, Er Stone?
多麗絲,呃,你叫她什麽,小多麗絲? Doris, er, what did you call her, little Doris?
多麗絲,呃,你叫她什麽,小多麗絲? Doris, er, what do you call her, little Doris?
岩石在水面靜靜地躺下多麽巨大! How vast the rocks that o'er its surface rest!
這是在,呃,那叫什麽來着,法國革命時期。 It is during the, er, what's it called, French revolution.