这故事是那么扣人心弦,使人急于要知道下文如何。 The story is so gripping;it makes you thirst for the next episode.
可是,哎呀,要么就是锁太大了,要么就是钥匙太小了,哪个门也用不上。 but, alas! either the locks were too large, or the key was too small, but at any rate it would not open any of them.
哎呀!我们失去了这么好的一次机会。 Alas the day! We have lost such a good chance.
接近加冕时,他为了本区的一件不知道什么小事,到巴黎去过一趟。 About the epoch of the coronation, some petty affair connected with his curacy--just what, is not precisely known--took him to Paris.
现在,当我们由于新的历史环境而进入于一个新的时代——无产阶级革命的时代,舍米契在这一切以后却引证斯大林在俄国资产阶级民主革命时期所写的那本小册子中的一个地方,这能有什么意义呢? After all this, what significance can Semich's reference to the passage in Stalin's pamphlet, written in the period of the bourgeois-democratic revolution in Russia, have at the present time, when, as a consequence of the new historical situation, we have entered a new epoch, the epoch of proletarian revolution?
但是一看到吉英的病并不怎么严重,她就满意了;她也并不希望吉英马上复元,因为,要是一复元,她就得离开尼日斐花园回家去。 but being satisfied on seeing her, that her illness was not alarming, she had no wish of her recovering immediately, as her restoration to health would probably remove her from Netherfield.
我的勇气恢复了,未来看起来不再那么令人畏惧! My courage was renewed and somehow r the future didn't seem so alarming.
同伴们并未发生什么特别令人担惊受怕的事情。 Nothing particularly alarming is happening to its companions.
朋友们再三要请钏斯医生来替我看病,因此,要是你们他上我这儿来过,可别惊讶。我只不过有点儿喉咙痛和头痛,并没有什么大不了的毛病。 They insist also on my seeing Mr. Jones -- therefore do not be alarmed if you should hear of his having been to me -- and excepting a sore throat and head-ache, there is not much the matter with me.
公共项目的领导者们对一家私人公司打算将那么多遗传信息申请专利,感到惊慌失措。于是,他们加快了他们的进程。 The leaders of the public programme alarmed at the prospect of a private company gaining patent rights to so much genetic information promptly accelerated their schedule;
不要以为有一点精神污染不算什么,值不得大惊小怪。 Don't think that a little mental pollution doesn't matter much, that it's nothing to be alarmed at.
前一段出了点差错没有什么了不起,不值得那么大惊小怪。 Recently we have made some mistakes in our work, but that's nothing to be alarmed at.
告诉我,这个方程式怎么解。 Show me how to solve this equation.
确实没什么可大惊小怪的。 There 's really no cause to be alarmed.
没什么可大惊小怪的。 There 's nothing to be alarmed about.
确实没什么可大惊小怪的。 There's really no cause to be alarmed.
没什么可大惊小怪的。 There's nothing to be alarmed about.
对于马术来说又有什么特别的呢? What's special for equestrian?
她一遍又一遍地问,“阿兰,怎么了?” she kept asking over and over again“Alan, what’s wrong?
阿兰突然意识到他必须得做些什么了。 Alan suddenly realized what he had to do.
他们几乎像如意神灯那么迅速有效。 They are almost as expeditious and effectual as Aladdin's lamp.
现在阿拉丁感到害怕了:“我怎么出去呢? Now Aladdin was afraid, "How can I get out?
阿拉丁从未见过这么漂亮的人。 Aladdin had never seen anyone so beautiful.
我梦想有一天,亚拉巴马州会有所改变——尽管该州州长现在仍滔滔不绝地说什么要对联邦法令提出异议和拒绝执行——在那里,黑人儿童能够和白人儿童兄弟姐妹般地携手并行。 I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.
税务局:这要看所转让的股权是怎么形成的? Tax official: at first, you would better make clear that in what form the equity arise?
纳税人:我公司正打算与另一家外资企业合并,请问股权转让怎么纳税? Taxpayer: well, we are planning to transfer our equity into another company, I want to know whether my company will pay business tax on it.
莫信托未来,不管它多么欢畅! Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant!
欧文,他叫什么来着,欧文。斯通? Erving. What's he calling, Er Stone?
多丽丝,呃,你叫她什么,小多丽丝? Doris, er, what did you call her, little Doris?
多丽丝,呃,你叫她什么,小多丽丝? Doris, er, what do you call her, little Doris?
岩石在水面静静地躺下多么巨大! How vast the rocks that o'er its surface rest!
这是在,呃,那叫什么来着,法国革命时期。 It is during the, er, what's it called, French revolution.