在晨曦中,我们仅能看到群山的轮廓。 In the early morning light we could just see the dark forms of the mountains.
为了便于报价,能不能请您谈谈你方所需的数量? Would you please tell us the quantity you require so as to enable us to work out the offer?
我们希望能和你们谈谈工艺品方面的业务。 We are interested in discussing arts and crafts business with you.
我们坚持的原则是,我国进口必须根据我国的支付能力。 The principle that we are insisting on is to take into consideration our ability to pay when we import goods.
你们主要采取了哪些新的做法,能不能给我们简单介绍一下? Would you give us a brief account about the new practices you have adopted?
我们很想了解这方面的情况,您能具体谈谈吗? We would very much like to know something about this line. Could you tell us more about it.
希望我们能很好地合作。 Lets hope for good cooperation between us.
今天能见到您非常荣幸。 It's a great pleasure to meet you today.
染色体之超基因遗传的功能 supragenic functions of a chromosome.
我认为不能责怪他. I cannot accept that he is to blame.
每个人根据自己的能力作出贡献. Everyone contributes according as he is able.
双方未能取得一致意见. The two sides failed to reach agreement.
他能得到大量的帮助. He can get any amount of help.
我饿极了--什么都能吃. I'm very hungry I'll eat anything.
她对於好音乐鲜有或没有欣赏的能力. She shows little or no appreciation of good music.
希望在学的儿童能吸收教给他们的知识. Children in school are expected to assimilate what they have been taught.
使用两个镜子能看见自己的头的後部. If you use mirrors you can see the back of your head.
健康不佳可能成为人一生中取得成功的障碍. Poor health may be a bar to success in life.
健康欠佳可能成为取得成功的障碍. Poor health may be a barrier to success.
他到我这里来, 相信我能帮助他. to the best of one's belief/knowledge => best3. He came to me in the belief that I could help him.
这辆自行车已不能修理了. The bicycle is beyond repair, ie is too badly damaged to repair.
我不能理解她为什麽要和杰弗结婚. It's beyond me why she wants to marry Geoff.
我不能同意这样的提议. I cannot give my blessing to such a proposal.
没能上大学焉知非福, 我想你在大学里是不会觉得快乐的. count one's blessings=> count1. Not getting into university may be a blessing in disguise; I don't think you'd have been happy there.
不能不考虑国家经济正遇到困难这一事实. You can't blink the fact that the country's economy is suffering.
你随时打电话都能找到我. You can always get me on the blower.
冷天能看到人们呼出的空气. You can see people's breath on a cold day.
那些障碍物未能拦住群众. keep the crowds back.
该党希望大选以後能重新掌权. The party expects to be back in power after the election.
我们不能指望著(有)好天气才去烧烤. good weather for the barbecue.
你回家的时候, 能顺路来一下吗? Could you call by on your way home?