Chinese English Sentence:
  • 好啊,那是我们仍然平手。
    Well, that means we're still tied.
  • 朱总理和李资政之间的交往可以相当密切。
    Ties between the two leaders are close.
  • 他将采取措施使法律更严格有效。
    He said he would take steps to tighten up the law.
  • 他将采取措施加强行政管理。
    He say he will take step to tighten up the administration.
  • 不用,他们会强化国内的反动统治。
    It goes without saying they will tighten their reactionary rule at home.
  • 他接着,国家处于非常严重的危机,甚至连剧院和芭蕾舞剧团也得节衣缩食。
    The country's crisis, he added, was so grave that even the theatre and the ballet company would have to tighten its belt.
  • 也许有人会,这是不是又在“收”了?
    Some people may ask whether we are following a "tightening up" policy again.
  • 校园饮食服务协会的盖伊·林恩·麦克唐纳:"当学校开始详细审查申请福利人的资格时,有些家庭就会害怕而不来申请了。
    "When you start tightening up the scrutiny on these applications, families become fearful and they don't apply," says Gaye Lynn MacDonald of the school food service association.
  • 因此,有人把中央的方针成是“收”了,中央把发扬民主的方针改变了,这是完全错误的。
    Therefore, it is entirely wrong to say, as some have said, that the Central Committee has decided on a "tightening up" policy, or that it has changed its policy of promoting democracy.
  • 完这几句话,旅客便打开邮车的门,钻了进去。
    With those words the passenger opened tile coach-door and got in;
  • 他为什么偏偏要是那个小男孩打碎的杯子呢?
    Why did he pitch on the little boy as the one who broke tile cup?
  • 这件事搁到明天再
    The matter will keep till tomorrow.
  • 你听了吗?卡西和蒂姆订婚了。
    You know something ? Cathy and Tim are engaged.
  • “只要我们能支持住到达那个岛上就好啦!”蒂姆低声
    "If we can only get to the island before we break down!" whispered Tim.
  • 我虽然和他过许多次话,但都是寒暄而已。
    Although I have spoken to him a number of times , it was only to pass the time of day.
  • 总有一天他会被要求去明其不守时的原因。
    One day he'll be called to account for his bad timekeeping.
  • 上司总是抱怨我们不守时,真令我烦透了。可是他对自己10点钟才到办公室却一点不在乎。
    The boss gets on my wick with his everlasting complaints about timekeeping. And he thinks nothing of rolling up to the office at ten o'clock himself.
  • 及时交货对我们来关系可大了。
    A timely delivery means a lot to us.
  • 一般来,我们日本人在外语时有点太胆小。
    Generally speaking, we Japanese are a little too timid in speaking foreign language.
  • 律师先还喜之不尽,后来却战战兢兢地瞅着门口,:“不过你,老兄,把你的礼物拿走吧。
    After pouring out his ecstasies the lawyer looked timidly towards the door and said: “Only you must carry off your present, my boy.…
  • 波斯托洛斯:"能赶上这个时候很走运。
    "The timing is quite fortuitous," says Postolos.
  • 关于这种政策改变的客观原因和时间性,我们曾经毫不含糊地明了自己的观点。
    We have unequivocally explained our position on the causes of these changes in policy and their timing.
  • 用于修饰或明依赖特定事件(如共同计时信号)的出现的两个或多个过程。
    Pertaining to two or more processes that depend upon the occurrences of specific events such as common timing signals.
  • 总的来,提摩西的建议更可取。
    On balance, Timothy's suggestion is more acceptable.
  • 总的来,提摩西的建议更可取。
    On balance, Timothy 's suggestion is more acceptable.
  • 你跟史密斯先生话要小心,因为他好发脾气。
    Be careful what you say to Mr Smith, for he is like tinder.
  • 你跟史密斯先生话要小心,因为他好发脾气。
    Be careful what you say to Mr Smith, for he is like tinder.
  • 他像火绒似的怒火中烧起来。“你我撒谎?”他问道。
    He spunked up like tinder. "Do you call me a liar?" he said.
  • 他像火绒似的怒火中烧起来。“你我撒谎?”他问道。
    He spunked up like tinder. "Do you call me a liar?" he said.
  • 布林斯特,对于想改变人类遗传基因的人来,改造产生精子的细胞是最好的办法。
    Brinster says that sperm - producing cells are the best target for anyone trying to tinker with human genetic inheritance.
  • 美国人喜爱修修补补加以改进,喜欢把那些可能会被剩下的人也包括进来,而且不喜欢拒绝,这意味着他们把英语看作另一项同化工程。
    The Americans' love of tinkering, of making things better, of including those who might be left out, and of avoiding negatives means that they view speaking English as just one more assimilation project.
  • 马车驶过时,车上的铃铛叮当叮当地响起,直到渐渐消失在远处。对于嘉莉来,这铃声不仅新奇而且令人愉快。
    To Carrie, the sound of the little bells upon the horse-cars, as they tinkled in and out of hearing, was as pleasing as it was novel.