通Chinese English Sentence:
| - 你的意见必须通过正当途径投诉.
Your complaint must be made through the proper channels. - 议案获绝对多数票通过.
majority. - 高大车辆在这桥下通过时没有多大余隙.
There is not much clearance for tall vehicles passing under this bridge. - 这条路机动车不准通行.
This road is closed to motor vehicles. - 两个证人串通一气(如两人作同样伪证包庇被告).
There was collusion between the two witnesses, eg They gave the same false evidence to protect the defendant. - 一有空缺我们就通知你.
We'll let you know if any vacancies come up. - 他精通法语.
good command of the French language, ie can speak it well. - 警察通过无线电(互相)联络.
by radio. - 我真想不通你为什麽让孩子一个人走(我认为你这样做很蠢).
I cannot conceive why you allowed the child to go alone, ie I think you were very foolish to allow it. - 这项通告证明了我的猜疑属实.
The announcement confirmed my suspicions. - 我们在等候通知预定的下一步行程是否落实.
We are waiting for confirmation of our onward reservations, ie waiting to be told that our further travel bookings are still valid. - 电线是在地板下接通的.
under the floor. - 这两个市镇通火车.
The two towns are connected by a railway. - 接通冰箱的电源.
to the electricity supply. - 这两个房间有门相通.
The two rooms have a connecting door, ie so that you can go straight from one room into the other. - 我们跟总部超过一定距离通讯就会中断.
Beyond a certain distance we are out of contact with our headquarters. - 再往里走, 坑道缩小成了一条窄窄的通道. Cf 参看 expand.
The tunnel contracts to a narrow passageway as you go deeper. - 人们普遍认同的看法是工资增长过快会加剧通货膨胀.
The conventional wisdom is that high wage rises increase inflation, ie That is the generally accepted view. - 我们已(互相)通信多年了, 可是我从未见过他本人.
for years but I've never actually met him. - 我决不就这一问题与他通信.
with him about it. - 说声谢谢不过是普通的礼貌.
It would only have been common courtesy to say thank you. - 政府的政策看来行不通了.
The Government's policy is looking rather creaky, ie as if about to fail. - 新的公共汽车交通服务使运行时间减少了一半.
The new bus service cuts the travelling time by half. - 我在回家途中通常抄近路穿过公园.
through the park on my way home. - 他们把树上的枯枝通通砍掉了.
They cut away all the dead branches from the tree. - 在代数中, x符号通常代表一未知的量.
In algebra, the sign x usually denotes an unknown quantity. - 通货膨胀率已进入两位数(10%以上).
The inflation rate is into double figures, ie above 10%. - 有某种(通常指错误的)想法...
idea that... - 通货膨胀率已增长了2%.
The rate of inflation has increased by 2%. - 在炎热的夏天喝一通冷饮如获琼浆玉液. Cf 参看 ambrosia.
On a hot summer day a long cool drink is like nectar. - 邮递员按门铃叫门投递包裹. A package in British English is usually carried and not sent. 英式英语中package通常指携带的而不是寄送的包裹. Packaging is the material used to wrap and protect products sold in shops or sent through the post. *packaging是指商店售出商品或邮递物品的包装材料.
package to deliver. - 无有效票证乘搭交通工具--违章罚款100英镑.
It is an offence to travel without a valid ticket penalty 100.
|
|
|