Chinese English Sentence:
  • 提名呢还是选举?
    Is it nominative or elective?
  • 十年前这种连衣裙还算是最高雅的款式
    Ten years ago this dress is considered the last word in elegance
  • 儿很胖;可是儿子,简直像大象
    The elemental fury of the storm
  • 他们的女儿很胖;可是儿子,简直像大象。
    Their daughter is quite plump but their son is positively elephantine.
  • 我们什么时候还能来
    When else can we come again?
  • 到这儿来,放到这个角上……不,先绑在一起,现在还没一半高!……
    Here, put 'em up at this corner--No, tie 'em together first--they don't reach half high enough yet--Oh!
  • “保佑这头小狗吧!”我姨吗叫道,“假如它有猫那么多条性命,而且将近全数丧失时,它也要用它最后的气力向我叫,我相信!”
    "Bless the little dog!" exclaimed my aunt. "If he had as many lives as a cat, and was on the point of losing' em all, he'd bark at me with his last breath, I believe!"
  • 怎样才能达到目的又能避免尴尬
    How can I do this without getting embarrassed, you ask?
  • 那我买的翡翠项链
    How about the emerald necklace?
  • 你认为我该强调什么
    What special feature do you think I shall emphasize?
  • 你们为什么不采用那个新方法
    Why didn't you employ the new method?
  • 孙:我还以为我在跟中国的末代太后说话
    I thought I was talking to the last empress dowager of China.
  • 就是,何时结束自己的进攻,转入反“围剿”的准备阶段
    When should we conclude our offensive and switch to the phase of preparing our counter-campaign against "encirclement and suppression"?
  • 现在德里克14岁了,他又要做出什么惊人之举
    Now he's 14, and what's Derek doing for an encore?
  • (六九)怎样解释战争中提倡勇敢牺牲
    69. How do we justify the encouragement of heroic sacrifice in war?
  • 何以解释战争中提倡勇敢牺牲
    How then do we justify the encouragement of heroic sacrifice in war?
  • 我们在天堂里要奋斗吗?要努力吗?(我敢说那些相信进步和努力的人一定要奋斗不息,努力不息的)可是当我们已经十全十美的时候,我们要怎样努力,怎样进步
    Are we going to strive and endeavor in heaven, as I am quite sure the believers in progress and endeavor must assume? But how can we strive and make progress when we are already perfect?
  • “我虽然还没有获得第一证书,但我却对内分泌学很感兴趣。”“你听听这个孩子说的!那是个啥玩意?”
    "I haven't got my first degree yet but I'm very interested in endocrinology." "Will you listen to the boy! What's that when it's at home?"
  • 莎士比亚似乎是赞成一夫多妻制的:他曾提到“温莎的风流娘儿们”;究竟温莎先生有几位太太
    Shakespeare endorse polygamy: he speak of the merry wives of windsor; how many wives do Mr. Windsor have?
  • 我们的社会制度是根据自己的情况决定的,人民拥护,怎么能够接受外国干涉加以改变
    It was on the basis of our own conditions that we decided upon our social system, a system that our people endorse. Why should we accept foreign interference designed to change that decision?
  • 校长正有事,你能过一会儿来吗?
    The headmaster is engaged — can you come back later?
  • "请稍等一会儿,经理正有事。"
    Please wait a minute; the manager is engaged just now.
  • 我那套讲究的衣服还在洗衣店里
    My one good suit is at the cleaner's.
  • 呸,还无穷的享受呢!
    Hour of enjoyment, my foot!
  • 享受一块夹肉面包和享受周遭的景色(后者就是我们所谓诗歌),其差异是否可以很容易地分别出来
    Is it so easy to draw a distinction between the enjoyment of a sandwich and the enjoyment of the surrounding landscape, which we call poetry?
  • 人生的目的除了享受人生之外,还有什么
    What can be the end of human life except the enjoyment of it?
  • 在我们的工作人员中,曾经看见这样的情形:他们只讲扩大红军,扩充运输队,收土地税,推销公债,其他事情,不讲也不管,甚至一切都不管。
    Here is the kind of thing we have found among some of our cadres. They talk only about expanding the Red Army, enlarging the transport corps, collecting the land tax and selling bonds, as for other matters, they neither discuss nor attend to them, and even ignore them altogether.
  • 我怎么才能让你这木头疙瘩开窍
    How can I enlighten your wooden head?
  • 怎么能把努力钻研业务和白扯到一起
    How can one pin the "white" label on a person who studies hard to enrich his knowledge and improve his skills?
  • 为什么要直接招生
    Why should we enrol students directly?
  • 这会产生什么结果
    What will ensue from [on] this?
  • 这样的行动会产生什么结果?
    What will ensue from / on these actions?