安Chinese English Sentence:
| - 我已经安排了一位口译员,不过我听说这些外宾都会讲英语。
I've arranged for an interpreter to be present. But it is said these foreigners could speak English. - 是吗?不过,我还是会讲慢一点,你怎么安排来宾就座呢,简?
Really? I'll also try to speak slowly. How would you arrange the guests' seats, Jane? - 那也只有这样了。你来过这里吗,安妮塔?
Well it'll have to do then. Have you been here before, Anita? - 是啊,我的也是凉的。安妮塔,你的海鲜怎么样?
Yes, mine's a bit cold too. How's your seafood Anita? - 谢谢。你以前来过这儿吗,安妮塔?
Thanks. Have you been here before, Anita? - 我们来瓶开胃酒吧?安妮塔,你想喝点什么?
Shall we order an aperitif? What would you like Anita? - 早安,海伦。有什么我能效劳的吗?
Good morning, Helen. What can I do for you? - 英国工会的领导们认为,基于健康和安全方面的原因,工作场所应该禁穿细高跟鞋。
Stiletto heels could be banned from the workplace because of health and safety reasons, according to the Trade Union bosses. - 让我们来面对这个现实:咖啡馆总是多彩多样,热闹非凡:人、互联网、联系、社会交往、交换各种想法,还有除了咖啡之外的可口美食。而小睡一般更安静,而且斗胆说一句,不够性感。
Let's face it, coffeehouses have multiple buzzes going on. People. Internet. Connectivity. Social interaction. Exchanges of ideas. And tasty treats beyond the joes and javas. Naps tend to be solitary and, dare I say, not as sexy. - “她还说她男友并不快乐,因为她6岁大的儿子每晚都跟他们一起睡,而且他们只交往几个礼拜而已。”玛西回忆道。想当然尔,介绍所为找到一个可以安顿她的职位而大费苦心,因为她是一位不懂如何藏起私人想法的高风险雇员
"Somehow in this tale about the boyfriend, she told us that the boyfriend was not a happy camper, because her 6 year old slept with them every night -- and they'd only been going together for a few weeks, " Diehl remembers. Naturally, the agency had a difficult time placing her because she was a risky employee who didn't know when to keep her thoughts to herself. - 科学家发现彻底不考虑这些问题很有帮助。迈阿密大学触觉研究所所长TiffanyField在对由于安德鲁飓风而受到心理创伤的60名在校儿童的研究中发现,连续一个月、每周接受两次30分钟按摩的孩子其忧郁情况有所下降,而那些看放松内容的录像片的孩子则没有什么改观。作为人的压力标记的皮质醇水平在接受按摩的一组中也出现了相当程度的下降。如果你不喜欢按摩,那也可以出去好好走一走、游游泳或骑骑车。锻炼不仅有利于保持身体健康,而且能减少焦虑和忧郁。
Scientists are finding that it can help to get outside your head completely. In a study of 60 schoolchildren traumatized by Hurricane Andrew, Tiffany Field, director of the University of Miami's Touch Research Institute, found that depression dropped in kids who received 30 minutes of massage twice a week for a month,kids who watched a relaxing video showed no improvement. And cortisol levels, the body's marker for stress, declined significantly in the massage group. If massage isn't your thing, go for a vigorous walk, swim or bike ride. Exercise is not only good at keeping you fit,it reduces anxiety and depression, too. - 研究者们说,尽管做起来很难,但是在多事之秋,人们需要从生活的最简单的快乐中获取安慰。在Rochester大学医学院进行的一次小范围调查中,O.J.Sahler博士发现在骨髓移植病人中,那些听音乐的反应感到的疼痛和恶心程度比较轻,而且他们移植的骨髓也更早就开始工作。另外,笑可能确实是良药。LomaLinda大学公共卫生学院的LeeBerk博士发现一组看了一小时喜剧录像的学生其肾上腺素和皮质醇水平都出现了显著下降。“如果你非常害怕,”Berk说,“那就看小丑表演吧。”这才是值得我们好好考虑的东西。
It may be difficult, but in troubled times, researchers say, people need to take comfort from life' s simplest pleasures.In a small study at the University of Rochester School of Medicine, Dr. O. J. Sahler found that bone-marrow transplant patients who listened to music reported less pain and nausea, and their transplants took less time to become functional. And, yes, laughter may be good medicine, too. Dr. Lee Berk, of the Loma Linda University School of Public Health, discovered that a group of students who watched a comic video for an hour had marked reductions in epinephrine and cortisol levels. "If fear is too great, " says Berk, "send in the clowns." Now that's something we can all meditate on. - 系好你的安全带。
Fasten your seat belt. - 我会安排一切的。
I will arrange everything. - 不必为后果忧虑不安。
Don't be uneasy about the consequence. - 母亲安排孩子坐到小桌旁。
The mother sat the child at a little table. - 老太太和她的家人安享宁静的生活。
The old lady enjoys a quiet life with her family. - 克里斯蒂安桑(南
Kristiansand S. - 克里斯蒂安松(北
Kristiansund N. - 转危为安
to turn a perilous situation into a safe one. - 安居乐业
to live and work in peace and content. - 居安思危
to think of the time of peril at the time of peace. - 国泰民安
The country is prosperous and at peace, and the people live in happiness. - 既来之则安之
Since we are already here, let's make ourselves at home. - 顺便说一下,如有可能我想要一个不临街的安静房间。
By the way, I'd like a quiet room away from the street if the is possible. - 请安排一位会说日语的人。
My English isn't good enough. - 危险结构,该桥不安全。
Dangerous structure, this bridge is unsafe - 穿安全靴
Safety footwear. - 此工地必须戴安全帽。
Safety helmets must be worn on this site - 我希望明天晚上我们能呆在一套安静的房间里睡个好觉。
I hope we'll be able to enjoy our stay in a quiet suite tomorrow evening and have a sound sleep. - 安的妈妈盯着她,要她把衣服挂好。
Ann's mother gets after her to hang up her clothes. - 安静点,行不行?
Calm down, will you?
|
|
|