Chinese English Sentence:
  • 由于短期记忆的局限性,那么什么可以防止因为忘记而产生的错误?
    Given the limitations of short-term memory, what can be done to guard against errors attributable to forgetting?
  • 至少巴西圣保罗市议员若泽·奥利韦拉是这么认为的。他还想把8月13日正式定为"吸血鬼节",正好配合全市的献血运动。
    At least, that's what a Sao Paulo city councilman thinks and that's why he wants to officially declare Aug.13 Vampire Day, to coincide with a city-wide drive for blood donations.
  • 我根本不在乎,与我何干,我才不管
    For aught I care.
  • 是7月份去还是8月份去?
    Should it be July or August?
  • 当我们用机器来辅助人或者代替人的工作时,会不会无形中把服务对象给一元化了
    Have we also overlooked the fact that the people these automated answering and vending machines are meant to serve are not a homogeneous group?
  • 秋天和冬天呢?
    What about autumn and winter?
  • 外宾:秋天的天气又怎么样
    What's the weather like in autumn?
  • 你们有没有合适的
    Do you have any available?
  • 什么时候能回来呢?
    When will he be available?
  • 什么东西我能吃呢?
    What foods should I avoid?
  • 他们精神着(毫无睡意)。
    They're wide (ie fully) awake.
  • 裁判员是怎样给分的
    How do the judges award the score?
  • 因为谁肯向一个喋喋多言的人自白
    for who will open himself to a blab or a babbler?
  • 但是这许多人中间,什么人是根本的力量,是革命的骨干
    But who, among so many, are the basic force, the backbone of the revolution?
  • 如实地指明这种落后状况,会不会使人们失去信心
    Will people be discouraged if we point out this backwardness as an objective fact?
  • 我已经竭尽全力取悦于你了,我还能做什么
    I've fallen over backwards to please you, what more can I do?
  • 这使我们顿时觉得意外,潘博士继而解说,这句子还可能有悲痛的弦外之音0令尊是在指责50年代在大陆发生了对文化界迫害的大整风、大跃进、人民公社和所谓全国工业化之失败"。
    We were astonished and he pointed out that the line also has another meaning in a more tragic context. He said, ''Your father is referring to the Da Zheng Feng movement persecution of the literati in Mainland China in the 1950's. This was followed by the Great Leap Forward, the collectivization movement and the failed attempt to promote (backyard) industrial production.''
  • 行李会从哪里出来
    Where will the baggage come out?
  • 你总是对工作不思后果地蛮干。你为什么不先停下来想一想
    You always go at a job bald-headed. Why don't you stop and think first?
  • 从这里去巴尔特摩有多少英里
    How many miles is Baltimore here?
  • 可否抽象表带呢?
    Could I have the band changed?
  • 你的拇指为什么用绷带包住
    Why is your thumb in bandage?
  • 你认为曼谷的天气怎样
    How do you feel about the weather of Bangkok?
  • 这是不是叫高举毛泽东思想的旗帜
    Can this be called holding high the banner of Mao Zedong Thought?
  • 在这样的问题上,什么叫高举毛泽东思想的旗帜
    What does holding high the banner of Mao Zedong Thought mean here?
  • 因为历史告诉我们,曾有许多国家,它们的国民尽管克勤克俭,还是不能免于贫困,有些国家由贫穷落后的地位进入富强,有些则由富裕与幸福的状况沦入贫困,凡是对这样的演变想试究一下原因的,当他听到了劳动造成富强、怠惰造成贫困的道理以后(其实所罗门王在亚当·斯密之前早就提出了这一点),总是不禁要再问一下,劳动的起因是什么,怠惰的起因又是什么
    for history teaches that whole nations have, in spite of the exertions and of the thrift of their citizens, fallen into poverty and misery. Whoever desires to know and investigate how one nation from a state of poverty and barbarism has attained to one of wealth and prosperity, and how another has fallen from a condition of wealth and well-being into one of poverty and misery, has always, after receiving the information that labour is the cause of wealth and idleness the cause of poverty (a remark which King Solomon made long before Adam Smith), to put the further question,what are the causes of labour, and what the causes of idleness?
  • 为什么酒吧招待能拿到小费,而救人生命的医生却得不到
    Why does a barman get a tip,but not a doctor who saves lives?
  • 母牛正在牲口棚里吃乾草
    The cows were feeding on hay in the barn.
  • 杰夫:他为恢复奥运会做出了杰出贡献,还发表过“复兴奥林匹克”的演说
    Jeff: Mr. Baron de Coubertin made a great contribution to the re- storing of the Olympic games. He once made a speech on the renais-sance of the Olympics.
  • 这辆小车你愿意推,还是愿意拉?
    Would you rather push the barrow or pull it?
  • 咱们能不能做一笔易货贸易
    Can we do a barter trade?
  • 根据在什么地方呢?
    What is the basis for these statements?