Chinese English Sentence:
  • 你看这种高雅的桌巾,它跟烛光晚宴常相称。
    Look at this graceful cloth.It goes very well with a candle light dinner.
  • 洲南部体形纤弱的原始人;大约三百万年前;以前的迩人。
    gracile hominid of southern Africa; from about 3 million years ago; formerly Plesianthropus_transvaalensis.
  • 由安德鲁斯先生提议为女士们干杯。鉴于在座代表毫无置疑都是些已进入不惑之年的丰满女流,他表现得常殷勤有礼。
    It fell to Mr Andrews to propose the toast to the ladies, which in view of the fact that the representatives present were indisputably fair, fat and forty, he managed very graciously.
  • 我最后一次叫价的口气似乎把我那位对手给镇住了,他想想还是退出这场角逐的好,这场角逐徒然使我要花十倍于原价的钱去买下这本书。于是,他向我弯了弯腰,常客气地(尽管迟了些)对我说:
    Apparently the tone in which I had made my latest bid was enough for my opponent: he chose therefore to abandon a struggle which would have served only to cost me ten times what the book was worth and, with a bow, he said very graciously but a little late:
  • 作用于天体物体不同部分的引力梯度。
    a gradient in the gravitational forces acting on different parts of a nonspherical object.
  • 常盼望我们的毕业典礼。
    I can hardly wait for our graduation ceremony.
  • 正式)“大学毕业典礼的那天是他一生中的重要日子”。
    (informal) graduation was a big day in his life.
  • 那是一次常愉快的聚合。
    That was a grand party.
  • 我们参观的博物馆是常雄伟的。
    The museum that we visit is very grand.
  • 我的3个孙子常顽皮、淘气。
    My three grandchildren are more trouble than a cartload of monkeys.
  • 尽管他的祖父是贵族,他却常穷困。
    Although his grandfather was a nobleman, he was very poor.
  • 日本统治者的如意算盘是打得常之大的。
    In their wishful calculations, the rulers of Japan have it worked out on a grandiose scale.
  • 祖母讲的故事使我常害怕。
    The story told by grandma scared me out of my wits.
  • 玛丽常珍视她祖母给她的那个金戒指。
    Mary sets great store by her gold ring which her grandma gave to her.
  • 我的祖母从不从坏处想别人,她心地常善良。
    My grandma wouldn't think bad thonghts about anyone; she really was pure in heart.
  • 玛萨是位常慈祥的母亲和祖母。
    Martha was a very loving mother and grandmother.
  • 一天,祖母病了,身体常虚弱。
    One day her grandmother was ill and weak.
  • 我的祖母常珍视自己的道德准则。
    My grandmother laid great store on her moral principles.
  • 祖母和祖父并罪人。
    " Granny and Grandpa weren't criminals.
  • 常为您的祖父感到惋惜,这回可能会有些改善。
    I'm sorry for your grandpa. Perhaps this time his illness will be cured little by little.
  • 一种四价金属元素,地壳中含量仅次于氧,见于粘土、长石、石英和沙中,在晶体管中用作半导体。
    a tetravalent nonmetallic element; next to oxygen it is the most abundant element in the earth's crust; occurs in clay and feldspar and granite and quartz and sand; used as a semiconductor in transistors.
  • 现在许多地方都存在无人负责的现象,积重难返,突出地抓一下不可。
    In many places now we often find that there is no one who takes responsibility for the work, and we have to make special efforts to grapple with this problem, since bad old practices die hard.
  • 其实,许多基层领袖也常欢迎所属选区有机会举行选举,因为这样也可测试基层组织的工作表现。
    In fact, many grassroots leaders are game for a contest to see how the grassroots bodies will measure up.
  • 不久前,在一个基层对话会上,一些回教徒国会议员问,为什么回教徒妇女不和异性握手。其实,在世界各地的回教徒社群,尤其是回教徒居多的东南亚社会,这是回教徒妇女习以为常的作法。
    At a recent grassroots dialogue session, some non-Muslim MPs asked why Muslim women did not shake hands when this is common practise among Muslims worldwide, not least in predominantly Muslim South-east Asia.
  • 我认为行动党其实是欢迎有建设性的竞争的,长期的不战而胜并有强大基层组织的执政党所希望看到的情况。
    I am convinced that the People’s Action Party welcomes good competition. The party has strong grassroots organisations and winning without a real contest is not something it hopes to see repeated in every General Election.
  • 事实并如此,最佳的办法是采取多方面的合作,通过家庭、学校、邻里、社区团体、警方等共同协力帮助有意辍学的学生与家长。
    I am sure a multi-pronged approach can be carefully worked out.The process should not only involve schools and the families, but should also have the support of the community, the police and grassroots organisations.
  • 这些难民常感激政府的救援。
    These refugees are very grateful to the government's succor.
  • 我非常感谢您。
    I am extremely grateful to you.
  • 非常感谢您。
    I am most grateful to you.
  • 非常感谢。
    I'm extremely grateful to you.
  • 非常感谢您。
    I'm very grateful to you.
  • 常感激你的帮助。
    I'm truly grateful for your help.