中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我不敢肯定他来不来.   I doubt whether he'll come
  • adj.  我不能定事实是否如此.   I'm unsure of the facts
  • adj.  我也会使用威胁手段, 但我不堕落到你那个地步.   I could use threats too, but I refuse to sink to your level, ie behave as badly as you
  • n.  我们从前的一切观念都正在改变, 我们的工作定要有很大变动.   All our previous ideas are now in the melting-pot; our jobs are bound to change radically
  • v.  我们可以定她一定反对.   We can take it as read that she will object
  • v.  我好像见过他, 只是不敢定.   I think I've met him before, but I wouldn't swear to it, ie I'm not sure
  • adv.  我怀疑, 何止怀疑, 我定他错了.   I suspect, nay, I am certain, that he is wrong
  • v.  我想这是他们家, 但不敢定.   I think this is their house but I'm not sure
  •   我敢定; 说句老实话; 我警告你。   I promise you.
  • v.  我敢定她的提升有鬼.   Her promotion was a fix, I'm sure
  • adj.  我的钱定不够买车票的.   I've nowhere near enough for the fare
  • n.  我定他并非有意得罪你.   I'm sure he didn't mean to cause offence (to you).
  •   我定他要去的, 没法阻止他.   I'm sure he'll go, there's nothing to stop him
  • n.  我定他说这话完全是出於恶意.   from spite
  • v.  我肯定你会来的.   I'm depending on you coming
  • n.  我肯定你能成功.   I have no doubt that you will succeed