中英慣用短語:
  • n.  廣州, 一些國傢的行政區, 州, 市區, 鎮, , 右上角的小方塊部分, 任何東西的一部分, 小行政區, (瑞士的)州, 行政區   canton
  • n.  開發為工業區的鄉地區, 城市化的鄉地區, 城鄉一律化而喪失自然質樸美景的趨勢, (外貌單調乏味的)現代住宅區   subtopia
  • n.  很多農民離開農轉事工業勞動.   Many farmers are leaving the land to work in industry
  • n.  情郎, 鄉下的年輕人, 鄉下情郎, 情人, 鄉情郎, (姑娘的)情人, 情人, 求愛者, 鄉青年   swain
  • adj.  愚蠢的, 傻的, 無聊的, 可笑的, 失去知覺的, 眼花的, 昏了頭的, 稀裏鬍塗的, 天真的, 弱的, 不中用的, 樸素的, 鄉風味的, 逼近三柱門的, 糊塗的, 昏暈的, 懵頭轉嚮的, 失去知覺的, 無助的   silly
  • v.  成群的士兵洗劫了鄉.   Bands of soldiers ravaged the countryside
  • adj.  我們希望最近搬到鄉去住.   We hope to move to the country in the near future, ie very soon
  • adj.  我們的房子離中兩傢酒館距離相等.   Our house is equidistant from the two pubs in the village
  • n.  我們的子很小, 連路標都沒有.   Our village is so small it's not even signposted
  • adj.  我們讓大雪睏在捨裏兩個星期.   We were snow-bound in the cottage for two weeks
  • adv.  我喜愛鄉, 尤其是在春天.   I love the country, especially in spring
  • v.  我在這裏住過, 從那時起, 這個子已經蓋滿了房子.   The village has been built up since I lived here
  • v.  我很不喜歡住在閉塞的鄉.   I hate being shut away in the country
  • n.  我覺得鄉的生活方式太單調乏味了.   Village life is too dull for me
  • n.  把我們住的那個搖搖欲墜的捨稱作`一流旅館', 純粹是亂用詞語.   First-class hotel' was a complete misnomer for the tumbledown farmhouse we stayed in
  • v.  接近莊時要放慢速度.   your speed as you approach the village