中英惯用短语:
  • n.  你算假期得花多少钱了吗?   Have you figured out how much the holiday will cost?
  • v.  你能分辨汤姆和他的孪生兄弟吗?   Can you tell Tom from his twin brother?
  •   你能听这段管弦乐曲里有歌剧式的咏叹调吗?   Can you pick out the operatic arias quoted in this orchestral passage?
  • v.  你能在这些伞中认你自己的那一把吗?   Can you identify your umbrella among this lot?
  • n.  你能在那个架子上腾些地方再放些书吗?   Can you make room on that shelf for more books?
  • v.  你能想像生活中没有电会是一幅什麽样的情景吗?   Can you imagine what it would be like to live without electricity?
  • n.  你能想是怎麽回事吗?   Can you fathom it out?
  • v.  你能把那一点指来, 我感到很高兴.   I'm glad you raised that point
  • n.  你能指他们论点中的谬误吗?   Can you spot the flaw in their argument?
  • v.  你能摸出这是什麽吗?   Can you tell what this is by feeling it?
  • v.  你能觉察这房间里的紧张气氛吗?   Can you feel the tension in this room?
  • n.  你能说这花园里所有植物的名字吗?   Can you name all the plants in this garden?
  • v.  你能辨认她乱写的是什麽吗?   Can you decipher her scrawl?
  • v.  你要尽力在演中倾注一点热情.   Try to inject a bit of enthusiasm into your performance
  • v.  你要是仔细观察, 就能看我是怎麽做的[这是怎麽做的].   how it is done
  • adj.  你要是以为我是於私心, 那你就冤枉我了.   You wrong me if you think I only did it for selfish reasons