中英慣用短語:
  • n.  你因為本末倒置纔了麻煩!   Your trouble is you've got your priorities back to front
  • v.  你對這書有何意見可否直率提?   Could you give me your honest opinion of the book?
  •   你就非得弄這麽大聲嗎?   Must you make so much noise?
  •   你帶她出去過嗎?   Have you taken her out yet?
  • adj.  你幹得很出色.   You've done a grand job
  •   你應該多出去走走.   more
  • n.  你開價吧(說你想要的價錢).   Name your price, ie Say what price you want to charge
  • n.  你得修補那個裂縫, 不然以後會問題.   You'll have to mend that leak or it will cause problems later
  • v.  你得打扮一下再出門.   up a bit before going out
  •   你怎麽不早告訴我們呢? why not (used to make or agree to a suggestion用以提一建議或對一建議表示同意)   Why ever didn't you tell us before?
  •   你怎麽得那個結論的?   How do you make that out? ie How did you reach that conclusion?
  • n.  你怎麽竟然做這種事? 你難道不知羞恥嗎?   How could you do such a thing? Have you no shame?
  • n.  你想出門, 天準下雨.   It's guaranteed to rain when you want to go out
  • n.  你戴著那種帽子門不是開玩笑嘛!   You can't in all seriousness go out in a hat like that
  • v.  你打算挑選誰參加這個隊? Choose suggests a freely made decision and can refer to a decision between only two items. (We usually select or pick from a number greater than two) 用choose表示的是自由作的决定, 可僅指兩者之間. (不止兩項時通常用select或pick)   Who are you going to pick for the team?
  • n.  你批評他的女兒就要惹是非了(因為他生氣).   You're on dangerous ground when you criticize his daughter, ie because he will react angrily