中英惯用短语:
  •   作者对公共图书馆借其著作所享有的获得报酬的权利.   right of authors to receive payment when their books are borrowed from public libraries
  • v.  作辗轧声, 发辗轧声, 吱吱作响   creak
  • v.  作)嘎吱声(如缺油的门铰链或松动的地板踩上去时所发的刺耳声音)   make a harsh sound like that of an unoiled door-hinge, or badly-fitting floor-boards when trodden on (
  • n.  你不是要国吗, 打过防疫针没有?   If you're going abroad, have you had your injections yet?
  • adj.  你不能穿那种衣服席招待会--不太庄重.   You can't wear that to the reception it's not dressy enough
  • adv.  你今天敢出门了吗?   Have you ventured abroad yet today?
  • n.  你以後要为你的愚蠢行动付 代价的.   You'll pay later for your follies
  • n.  你出牌了吗?   Have you played?
  •   你别再弄那种讨厌的响声来行不行!   Will you stop making that horrible noise
  • v.  你到底想跟我说什麽? 你就爽快点说来吧!'   What exactly are you trying to tell me? Come on, spit it out!' `
  • adj.  你千万别穿戴成那样子去. 那会让你祖母躺在坟里也不得安生.   You can't go out dressed like that. It's enough to make your grandmother turn in her grave
  • v.  你去试试劝她(跟我们一起去)吧.   You try and persuade her (to come out with us).
  • n.  你只要做成绩, 就能指望获得提升.   If you are successful, you can expect promotion
  • n.  你可以看见缝针扎的小洞.   You can see the pricks where the stitches were
  • v.  你听见他走出去了吗?   Did you hear him go out?
  • n.  你呼出的气很难闻.   Your breath smells