中英惯用短语:
  • v.  你要刻苦训练就成为优秀的足球运动员.   If you train hard, you'll make a good footballer
  • v.  你要喝点什麽吗?'`我巴不得喝点!'   Do you need a drink?' `Yes, I'm gasping!' `
  • v.  你要是一直欺骗我, 我怎麽相信你呢?   How can I trust you if you keep lying to me?
  • v.  你要是不很快得到答覆, 不妨催他们一下.   If you don't receive an answer quickly, give them a prod
  • v.  你要是不提高销售额, 就把你解雇! 8 (idm 习语) come up with/deliver the goods => goods.   If you can't deliver improved sales figures, you're fired!
  • v.  你要是仔细观察, 就看出我是怎麽做的[这是怎麽做的].   how it is done
  •   你要是快一点儿就来得及.   You'll be in time if you hurry
  • v.  你要是现在走, 可正赶上交通拥挤的时刻.   If you go now, you're likely to hit the rush hour
  • adj.  你要来住可得吃点苦.   You may have to rough it a bit if you come to stay
  • v.  你认为会下雨吗?'`我想可下.'   it's going to rain?' `Yes, I think so.' `
  • v.  你认为保守党再次当选吗?   re-elected?
  •   你认为可发生什么事情? 你认为会有什么样的结果?   What's the betting?
  • v.  你认为这事可能吗?   that it is likely?
  •   你认为那议案(议会)通过吗?   Do you think the Bill will get through (Parliament)?
  • adj.  你让我失望了, 我本来指望你赢的.   I expected you to win
  •   你说的很可能是事实.   What you say may well be true