Chinese English Phrase:
  •   我相信你是国人, 但仍需有护照加以证明.   I ,dare say you `are British but you still need a passport to prove it
  • v.  我看她不来了, 我愿跟你赌5镑.   I'll lay you 5 that she won't come
  • adj.  我负债500英镑.   I am 500 to the bad, ie I have 500 less than I had
  • n.  我赛狗赢了10英镑.   I won 10 on the dogs
  • adj.  我跑过的最长的距离是十里.   The farthest distance I've run is ten miles
  •   我那辆旧汽车原指望卖上 1000 镑, 後来少卖了很多也认了.   I had hoped to get 1000 for my old car but had to settle for a lot less
  • n.  战时英国物资之匮乏.   the shortages of wartime Britain
  •   截割(垂直于X轴的石晶体截割法)   Curie cut X
  • n.  所有的学生毫无例外, 都必须参加语考试.   All students without exception must take the English examination
  • n.  手续费, 佣钱, 一种税捐, 每磅应交的税额, 磅数, 按磅计算的重量, 工资比额, 每镑应收取的佣金, 每磅的收费数, 监禁   poundage
  • n.  打火石, 极硬的东西, 燧石, 电石, 坚硬物, 燧石的结核或瘤状物, 粉状石   flint
  • n.  承担捐赠慈善事业100镑的义务.   a commitment to pay 100 to charity
  • n.  把100镑平分给五个人(每人得20镑)   share 100 equally between five people, ie by giving them 20 each
  • n.  把50镑记入我的帐户借方.   Debit 50 to me
  • n.  把5英镑放入捐献盘中.   put £5 in the plate
  • n.  把8英镑记入客户贷方   credit a customer with 8