中英慣用短語:
  • v.  我男孩每人一個蘋果.   I gave each of the boys an apple
  • n.  我自己安排了劈柴的任務.   I set myself the task of chopping up the firewood
  •   我薩莉打電話, 可是她不在.   I phoned Sally but she was out
  • adj.  我襪子配對時, 總是有單衹的剩下.   There's always an odd one out when I sort out my socks
  • abbr.  我缺點兒錢, 你能藉我一些嗎?   I'm rather short of LSD can you lend me some?
  • v.  我能把這些秘密計劃委托你嗎?   Can I entrust you with the secret plans?
  • indef det  我能大傢介紹我們的演講人, 感到非常高興.   I have much pleasure in introducing our speaker
  • n.  我自己立下個規矩, 從來不把錢藉生人.   I make a habit of never lending money to strangers
  • v.  我要把這事仔細想想, 明天再你回話.   I'll think about it and let you know tomorrow
  • conj.  我要是男的, 這份工作就準我了.   If I was a man they would have given me the job
  • v.  我認為咱們不在傢時不能把孩子都硬塞你父母看管.   I don't think we can wish the children on your parents while we're away
  • v.  我該把主席的位子讓年輕的人了.   It's time for me to step aside and let a younger person become chairman
  • n.  我還以為能剩下些餅乾, 但是他們都吃光了.   I thought there would be some biscuits left but they've wolfed the lot
  • n.  我這個工作我什麽都不換.   I wouldn't trade my job for anything, ie because I enjoy it so much
  • n.  我這些缸子是超級市場的贈品.   I got these mugs as freebies at the supermarket
  • v.  我遞他繩子, 他接住了.   I passed him the rope and he took it