中英惯用短语:
  • n.  憎恶, 反感, 厌恶, 不相, 被人厌恶的事物   antipathy
  • adj.  憔悴的, 形枯槁的, 凶暴的, 难驯服的, 野性的, 成年被捕的   haggard
  • adj.  憔悴的, 形枯槁的(尤因忧愁或缺觉等所致)   looking tired and unhappy, esp from worry, lack of sleep, etc
  •   我一累就容易发脾气.   Being tired often makes me short-tempered
  •   我不明白她怎麽能忍他[忍受他的虐待].   his cruelty to her
  •   我不能忍家中有这种行为.   I cannot have such behaviour in my house
  • v.  我不能忍这种行为[你这样做].   your behaving in this way
  • n.  我们好不易才作出离开的决定.   We took the difficult decision to leave
  • v.  我们应该使教学大纲内多样化, 可以多吸引学生.   We must try to diversify the syllabus to attract more students
  • v.  我们必须努力克服这种偏见, 从而在信仰上采取更为宽的态度.   We must struggle against this prejudice for a more tolerant attitude to our beliefs
  • adj.  我们有个多余的手提箱, 但是不太易拿出来.   We've got a spare suitcase but it's not very get-at-able
  • adj.  我们谈话[讨论]的内一直相当广泛.   discussion fairly general
  •   我做我原先的那份工作要带劲得多. Aged is more formal than old and is used of very old people who have possibly become physically weak.*aged比old文些, 用以指年老的人, 可能身体亦衰弱. If one wishes to be polite and respectful, one can describe old people as elderly. 若想客气些、 尊敬些, 可用elderly来形老人. Ancient and antique are usually only applied to things. *ancient和antique通常仅用於事物. We call ancient something that existed a long time ago *ancient用以形经历了久远年代的事物   I was much happier in my old job.
  • n.  我再也不能忍你这种粗暴行为了.   I won't stick your rudeness any longer
  •   我决不忍这种傲慢无礼的行为.   I won't stand for this insolence
  • adj.  我决不致於笨得以为那是易的事.   I'm not so simple as to think it will be easy