中英慣用短語:
  • n.  你不能一輩子追求不存在的西.   You can't spend your life chasing after shadows
  • conj.  你們想喝點西嗎?')他問我們是否要喝點西.   if we wanted a drink. (`
  • adj.  你偷這件西是完全因為貪心作祟嗎? 7 (idm 習語) pure and simple =>pure.   Was it simple greed that made you steal it?
  •   你剛纔談什麽來著?'`噢, 一件事西一件事什麽都談.'   What did you talk about?' `Oh, this and that.' `
  •   你去度假得帶什麽西?   What do you need to take with you on holiday?
  • conj.  你怎麽能有時間做了這麽多吃的西?   Whenever did you find time to do all that cooking?
  • n.  你怎麽能看這種烏七八糟的西?   How can you read such filth?
  • adj.  你所發明的西巧是巧, 但不太實用.   Your invention is ingenious, but not very practical
  • v.  你把西全吃光了, 你可太壞了.   It was mean of you to eat all the food
  • adj.  你把手張開--我知道你手裏藏著西呢.   Open your hand I know you're hiding something
  • n.  你把這西叫做啤酒嗎?   Do you call this stuff beer?
  • n.  你收拾好旅行用的西了嗎?   Have you packed your things for the journey?
  • v.  你最好變換一下飲食, 不要總吃同樣的西. All these verbs (except modify) can also be used intransitively 所有這些動詞(除modify外)還均可用作不及物動詞   It's better to vary your diet rather than eat the same things all the time.
  •   你有什麽(西出售)?(商業用語)   Why=What have you?
  • pron.  你的東西,你的   thine
  •   你知道這西的價值嗎?   Have you any idea of its value?