中英慣用短語:
  •   我極力控製住自己對他喊叫起來.   I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him
  • n.  我根本時間給你寫信.   I have no time at all to write to you
  • n.  我正在做吃的, 太留心聽收音機.   I was only listening to the radio with half an ear, while preparing some food
  • v.  我每天都在火車上見到他, 但彼此說過話.   I see him on the train every day but we're not on speaking terms
  • adj.  我沒興致與人交往.   He has never really been the sociable type. 他從不好交際.* I'm not in a sociable mood
  • v.  我帶孩子出去覺得很不痛快.   I feel rotten about not taking the children out
  • prep.  我沒帶錢就出來了.   I've come out without any money
  • v.  我想到主持面試的人問我私生活的事, 就猶豫了一下.   I wasn't expecting the interviewer to ask about my private life and was left floundering for a while
  •   我想到我們會走這麽遠.   I didn't think we'd get this far, ie as far as this
  •   我想到過能讓你承擔責任.   I couldn't think of letting you take the blame
  • v.  我沒打算要你單獨來.   I never meant that you should come alone
  • n.  我沒有可穿的衣服.   I haven't a thing to wear, ie I have no suitable clothes
  • adv.  我有可能藉給你這麽多錢.   I can't possibly lend you so much money
  •   我有聽說過!真想不到!我有看過!   Well, I never (did)!
  • adj.  我沒有多少時間看書.   I have very little time for reading
  •   我沒有異議   I have no objection