中英慣用短語:
  • v.  請您這邊走.   Come this way, if you please
  • conj.  請留下的名字, 我們盡快和聯繫.   If you would care to leave your name, we'll get in touch as soon as possible
  • conj.  請稍坐, 我這就通知經理說來了.   I'll tell the manager you're here
  • v.  請等一等就輪到為服務了.   your turn to be served
  • adj.  請簽上的姓及名字的首字母.   Sign your name and initials, ie your surname and the initial letters of your other names
  •   請問, 這是的座位嗎?   Excuse me, is this your seat?
  • n.  謝謝. 您真是君子.   Thank you. You're a real gentleman
  • n.  謝謝您的惠顧.   We thank you for your patronage
  •   謝謝,孫先生。也請收下我的名片(遞上自己的名片),叫我Johnathan就行了。(兩個人都看了一下對方的名片,放入皮夾而非口袋中   Thanks very much, Mr. Sun. Please accept mine. (offers his own card) and please, call me Johnathan. (both look at cards for a few seconds, then put them in wallets-not pockets.)
  •   這種藥是為了保護的胃   This medicine is used for protecting your stomach
  • n.  邀請作布裏斯托爾末期病人安養所的贊助人.   You are invited to become a Friend of the Bristol Hospice, ie to contribute money regularly
  •   那本書是您的嗎?   Is that book yours?
  •   陛下(您)   Your Majesty
  • n.  麻煩把????遞給我行嗎?   May I trouble you for the salt?
  •   (用於信函末尾的客套)謹啓,的忠誠的   yours sincerely