中英惯用短语:
  • conj.  你去我就去, 则我宁可待在家里.   I'll go if you're going if not I'd rather stay at home
  •   你对待生活要严肃一些. Ought to and should suggest that the speaker is less confident the advice will be taken *ought to和should含有说话者对劝告之是接受更无把握之意   You've got to take life more seriously.
  • v.  你对这书有何意见可直率提出?   Could you give me your honest opinion of the book?
  •   你应该道歉(虽然我不知道你是这样做).   should apologize (though I'm not sure you will).
  • adv.  你得去问她. 马上就去则就没机会了.   You've got to ask her. It's now or never
  • v.  你是同意她对经济状况所持的悲观看法?   Do you subscribe to her pessimistic view of the state of the economy?
  • n.  你是喜欢我, 我很重视这件事.   I mind whether you like me or not
  • n.  你是怀疑我无权看这份材料?   Do you question my right to read this?
  •   你是想过五年後你要做些什麽?   Have you looked ahead to what you'll be doing in five years' time?
  •   你是打算让他们知道这些计划?   Are you going to let them in on the plans?
  • adj.  你是有绝对把握认为那事是在午夜以後发生的?   Are you absolutely positive that it was after midnight?
  • n.  你是有过眼前出现黑斑的现象?   Do you ever see specks in front of your eyes?
  • v.  你是正确, 以後可见分晓.   whether you are right
  •   你是否都吃光了?   Did you eat all of them?
  •   你有一枚1英镑的硬币吗? As regards have3, British and US speakers form negatives and questions in the same way with do 至於have3, do)构成定式和疑问式   coin?
  •   你有计算机吗?'`有.' In US English questions and negatives are formed with do 在美式英语中, 与do连用可构成疑问式和定式   Have you got a computer?' `Yes, I have.' `