中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我手头有现成的资料.   I don't have the information to hand
  • n.  我找遍所有的地方也找到钥匙.   I've searched every nook and cranny but I still can't find the keys
  • n.  我把你的收音机修了一下, 但修好.   I had a tinker at your radio, but I can't mend it
  • n.  我把你的文件弄了, 纯粹是碰上的倒霉事.   I lost your file by pure mischance
  • v.  我把眼镜放错地方了--在我的包里.   I've misplaced my glasses they're not in my bag
  • v.  我把那张唱片借给约翰了, 可是他再也有还给我.   I lent that record to John but never got it back
  • v.  我摁了几次门铃, 但人应.   I rang the doorbell several times but couldn't make anyone hear
  •   我敢用生命担保; 当然, 管保错。   I'll bet my life.
  • n.  我整个星期有卖出东西.   I haven't made a sale all week
  •   我早就跟你说过了。(意指我说错, 你偏不听)   I told you so.
  • adj.  我明天有确切的计划.   I have no definite plans for tomorrow
  •   我是单干户--只有我一人, 有别人.   I run the business as a one-man band just me and no one else
  • n.  我最庆幸的是有迟到.   Much to my relief, I wasn't late
  •   我有八天没见到他了.   I haven't seen him since yesterday week
  • adj.  我有六个孩子却有收入, 生活十分困难.   Having six children and no income, I was badly situated
  • n.  我本来想当教师--可谓无意间当上的.   I didn't mean to be a teacher I sort of drifted into it