非中英惯用短语:
| - n. 我希望医生可别非动手术不可. I hope the doctors won't have recourse to surgery
- adj. 我并非不了解这一问题. I am not unaware of the problem
- n. 我并非不愿将成绩一一相告, 只是君子不自尚其功. I'd like to tell you all about my success but modesty forbids
- v. 我并非有意. 我是想开个玩笑而已. I wasn't serious. I meant it as a joke
- adj. 我很难说我非常喜欢她的新婚丈夫. I can't say I'm wild about her new husband
- v. 我得到的牌非常好. The run of the cards favoured me, ie I was dealt good cards
- conj. 我总是开著窗户睡觉, 除非天气非常冷才关上窗户. I sleep with the window open unless it`s really cold
- v. 我把要结婚的消息告诉了母亲, 母亲非常激动. My mother really flipped when I told her I was getting married
- adj. 我是非常认真的. I'm in deadly earnest
- v. 我来赴约发现把日期弄错了, 感到非常懊恼. When I discovered I'd come for the appointment on the wrong day, I could have kicked myself
- adj. 我母亲不在乎有什麽人来住, 她非常随和. My mother doesn't mind who comes to stay, she's very easygoing
- v. 我母亲要是知道我到过那地方非把我宰了不可(一定大怒). when she finds out where I've been
- n. 我父亲要求一切事情非尽善尽美不可. My father never tolerated imperfection
- adj. 我的姑姑非常守旧. My aunt is very old-fashioned
- n. 我的表非常准. My watch always keeps excellent time
- n. 我的计划和她的计划非常吻合. My plans dovetailed nicely with hers
|
|
|