中英慣用短語:
  •   我將試着找出為何我們發你的襯衫是小尺碼,我將盡早告訴你結果   I'll try to find out why the shirts we sent you are a smaller size and inform you of the result as soon as possible
  • adv.  我已我全家人都寄去了請帖. 還要你傢的人及鄰居們寄.   I've sent cards to all my family. Then there's your family and the neighbours
  •   我希望我們遲到一事不致他們帶來麻煩.   I hope our arriving late didn't put them out
  • n.  我希望由女醫生我檢查.   I'd prefer a woman doctor to examine me
  • n.  我當然可以藉你鋼筆用. 自己挑吧.   Of course I'll lend you a pen. Take your pick, ie whichever one you choose
  • adj.  我很樂意藉給你錢.   I'd be glad to lend you the money
  • v.  我得付房東500英鎊押金才能搬進房裏去.   I had to pay a 500 deposit to the landlord before I could move into the house
  •   我得先看看房子, 然後才能你出個價錢.   I shall need to see over the house before I can make you an offer
  •   我得找些零碎東西捐教堂作義賣.   I must look out some bits and pieces for the church jumble sale
  • n.  我懷疑這個孩子這麽多錢是好事還是壞事.   I question the wisdom of giving the child so much money
  •   我想不出有什麽故事可孩子講了, 衹好現編現講.   I couldn't remember a story to tell the children, so I made one up as I went along
  • v.  我想把財産留給子女.   I wish to leave my property to my children
  • n.  我想請你把我介紹剛纔你和她說話的那姑娘!   I'd like an intro to that girl you were talking to
  • n.  我想趁老師不註意時把條子偷偷遞他.   I tried to slip the note to him while the teacher wasn't looking
  • v.  我願意把錢藉你, 你得答應還我.   I am prepared to lend you the money if you promise to pay it back
  • n.  我手頭缺錢, 下星期再付你吧.   I'm short of funds so I'll pay you next week