没中英慣用短語:
| - 我到的時候那裏沒人. When I arrived there was nobody there
- adj. 我厭倦了他沒完沒了的抱怨. I'm tired of his everlasting complaints
- adj. 我厭倦了你那沒完沒了的牢騷. I'm tired of your unending complaints
- n. 我去聽音樂會是碰運氣, 因為沒預訂座位. I hadn't booked a seat
- adj. 我發現有些地名簡直沒法念. I find some of the place-names barely pronounceable
- adj. 我衹是看見瑪麗了(但沒有跟她說話). I only `saw Mary, ie I saw her but I didn't speak to her
- adj. 我衹看見瑪麗了(沒看見其他人). I only saw `Mary, ie I saw Mary and no one else
- n. 我可以明天回來, 沒問題. I can come back tomorrow, it's no trouble
- n. 我可以等著--我沒有什麽急事兒. I don't mindwaiting I'm not in any particular hurry
- v. 我可沒辦法靠每星期50英鎊維持生活. on 50 a week
- prep. 我吃了早飯後到現在還什麽都沒吃呢. I haven't eaten since breakfast
- v. 我嚮窗外望去, 什麽也沒看見. I looked out of the window but saw nothing
- adv. 我聽膩了你那沒完沒了的抱怨. I'm tired of your never-ending complaints
- adj. 我喜歡現場演奏的音樂, 聽唱片可沒那麽好. for me, records are definitely second-best
- indef det 我在教堂裏既沒看見史密斯先生也沒看見他太太. I saw neither Mr nor Mrs Smith at church
- n. 我在這些事情上沒有經驗, 你得多包涵. You must forgive my inexperience in these matters
|
|
|