中英慣用短語:
  • v.  我藉你的那本書你可以留下, 不用還我.   You can keep that book I lent you; I don't want it back
  • adv.  我寫報告時, 他一直不停地我一杯杯續咖啡.   He kept me well supplied with cups of coffee while I wrote the report
  • n.  我剛纔把你的一件瓷器的擺設弄掉了.   I've just dropped one of your china ornaments
  • v.  我動氣了, 但她一笑, 又將我的氣兒消了.   I felt angry, but her smile disarmed me
  • v.  我去給你準備晚飯.   Let me fix supper for you
  • v.  我發現了他寫簡的一些信, 赫然瞭解了他的為人[他居心何在].   to what he was up to when I found some of his letters to Jane
  • n.  我叔叔每逢聖誕節總要送我們一副棋.   My uncle always gives us a `board game for Christmas
  • adj.  我可以付你50英鎊, 不能再多了.   I can offer you 50, but I can't go any further than that
  • n.  我可以藉用你的汽車嗎?'`可以, 很願意藉你.'   May I borrow your car?' `Yes, with pleasure. ' `
  • v.  我可以永久保留它呢還是要我還你?   Can I have it for keeps or do you want it back?
  • n.  我可以你舉出她故意粗暴待人的幾個例子.   I can quote you several instances of her being deliberately rude
  • v.  我可以你講他的一兩件事.   I could tell you a thing or two about him
  • pron.  我可以你說出一百個不去的理由.   I could give you a hundred reasons for not going
  • prep.  我可以通過內部通訊係統他發個通知.   I can send him a note via the internal mail system
  • n.  我喜歡在床上聽他我讀點什麽.   I love him reading to me in bed
  • v.  我將不得不催促他把欠我的錢還我.   I shall have to prod him to pay me what he owes