中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我乘穿梭班机去波士顿.   I'm flying to Boston on the shuttle
  • adj.  我将亲自过问此事.   I shall give the matter my personal attention
  • v.  我向你证明, 证人说的不是真话.   I shall prove to you that the witness is not speaking the truth
  • n.  我尽一切努力准时到达.   to arrive on time
  • indef det  我有好些日子不在这儿.   some time, ie for quite a long time
  • n.  我永远记住我们相聚的情景.   I shall always treasure the memory of our meetings
  •   我试着找出为何我们发给你的衬衫是小尺码,我尽早告诉你结果   I'll try to find out why the shirts we sent you are a smaller size and inform you of the result as soon as possible
  • n.  我并非不愿成绩一一相告, 只是君子不自尚其功.   I'd like to tell you all about my success but modesty forbids
  • n.  我把它看作是要到来的事物的前兆.   I see it as a portent of things to come
  •   我的仆人开车送你回家.   My man will drive you home
  •   我等候看牙的时候, 紧张得都看不了书. Expecting can suggest that nothing can be done to change an event in the future *expecting可指对来的某事无能为力   I'm too nervous to read when I'm waiting to see the dentist.
  •   战争纪念碑(纪念阵亡士的).   monument built to honour people who have died in a war
  • n.  战事起的庞大阴影威慑人心.   The prospect of war loomed large in everyone's mind
  • adv.  所有的殖民地最终均独立.   Ultimately, all the colonies will become independent
  •   把...搁在一旁; 把...留作来之用   set by
  • vt.  把手从...放开, 放掉, 松手, 放手, 把手从…放开, ...放掉, 把手从...移开   unhand