Chinese English Phrase:
  • n.  我们体的需要(如饮食)   our material needs, eg food and drink
  • n.  我使尽了浑解数也劝不动他们.   I tried every trick in the book but I still couldn't persuade them
  • prep.  我倒不是不喜欢运动本--而是觉得有些浪费时间.   I don't dislike sport qua sport I just think it's rather a waste of time
  •   我做我原先的那份工作要带劲得多. Aged is more formal than old and is used of very old people who have possibly become physically weak.*aged比old文些, 用以指年老的人, 可能体亦衰弱. If one wishes to be polite and respectful, one can describe old people as elderly. 若想客气些、 尊敬些, 可用elderly来形容老人. Ancient and antique are usually only applied to things. *ancient和antique通常仅用於事物. We call ancient something that existed a long time ago *ancient用以形容经历了久远年代的事物   I was much happier in my old job.
  • adj.  我冒著雨出门, 浑都淋透了.   I went out in the rain and got saturated
  • n.  我分身乏术.   I can't be in two places at once
  • v.  我劝你不要孤一人到那里去.   I wouldn't recommend you to go there alone
  • n.  我发现竟然不由己又参与了一次无聊的争论.   I found myself being drawn into another dreary argument
  • v.  我喜欢吃龙虾, 但吃了体不适.   I like lobster but it doesn't like me
  • n.  我在健房锻炼了几次以後, 觉得体好多了.   After several sessions at the gym, I feel a lot fitter
  •   我在公共汽车上转过来, 谁料後面坐的竟是我的前妻.   I turned round on the bus and who should be sitting behind me but my ex-wife
  • v.  我坐在位子上转过来跟她说话.   I twisted round in my seat to speak to her
  • adj.  我总也买不到合的衣服.   I can never get clothes to fit me
  • n.  我正在节食以保持材不变(不发胖).   I'm dieting to keep my figure, ie in order not to get fatter
  •   我每天尽量腾出一些时间锻炼一下体.   I try to set aside a few minutes each day to do some exercises
  • adj.  我浑身哆嗦.   I felt all trembly