中英慣用短語:
  • adv.  彼得)他可真不走運, 能獲得那份工作.   he did not get the job. (
  • conj.  很久聽到過這麽好的意見了啊!   If that's not the best idea I've heard in a long time
  • n.  很久有下雨了, 河床都已乾涸.   It's so long since it rained that the river-bed is dry
  • v.  很抱歉, 昨晚我能參加你們的聚會.   I'm sorry I couldn't make your party last night
  •   很抱歉, 愛莫能助, 我有錢藉給你.   Sorry to be so disobliging, but I have no money to lend you
  • n.  很抱歉, 給你增加了這麽多的工作.'`什麽!'   I'm sorry to give you so much extra work.' `No sweat!' ie It doesn't bother me. `
  • adj.  很有、 簡直有、 什麽...用處的物件   items of great, little, not much, etc worth
  • n.  很長一段時間我們有他的消息.   For a long while we had no news of him
  •   很難說, 沒法知道   there is no saying
  • adj.  得不到的, 不近便的, 不能利用的, 不可得到的, 用的, 不能供應的, 無現貨的, 難以獲得的   unavailable
  •   徘徊街頭, 有住處, 被遺棄   on the pavement
  • n.  微不足道的人或事, 有什麽, 什麽東西, 無關緊要之事, 無足輕重的人, 無, 不存在的東西, 無價值, 無意義, 零, 不屬任何教派的人, 不信教的人, 無神論者, 有價值的人, 不重要的人, 無關緊要的事, 無價值的事, 不關緊要之事, 零   nothing
  • v.  徵用, 沒收(財産等)   for public use without payment to the owner
  •   懷抱着的嬰兒, 還不會走路的孩子; 有經驗的人   babe in arms
  •   懷抱着的嬰兒, 還不會走路的孩子; 有經驗的人   baby in arms
  • n.  怎麽了? 我希望什麽大不了的事.   What's the matter? Nothing serious, I hope