中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我一直沒有機會說話(也不願聽).   I never gained a hearing, ie Nobody was willing to listen to me
  •   我不知道今天上午打來過電話.   I wonder who phoned this morning
  • n.  我不知道他究竟是誰.   I wonder who he is
  •   我不知道這是的(書).   this is
  • v.  我不能透露是告訴我的.   I can't reveal who told me
  • n.  我與和我同住一單元的人關於應做傢務事吵了一架.   I had a quarrel with my flat-mate about who should do the housework
  • n.  我以前見過他, 但我認不出他是.   I've seen his face before but I can't place him
  • n.  我們在究竟是獲勝的問題上發生了爭執.   over who had won
  • v.  我們已弄清楚是幹的了.   who did it
  • adv.  我們已經知道是得到這份工作了, 但是尚未得到正式通知.   We already know who's got the job but we haven't yet been informed officially
  •   我們能讓掌管財務呢?   Who can we have as treasurer?
  • v.  我們該責備誰?   Who should we lay the blame on? ie Who should we blame?
  • adj.  我們說不清該責怪誰.   who was to blame
  • prep.  我分不出雙胞胎中.   I can't tell one twin from the other
  •   我在公共汽車上轉過身來, 料後面坐的竟是我的前妻.   I turned round on the bus and who should be sitting behind me but my ex-wife
  • adj.  我尚未决定投誰的票.   who to vote for