中英惯用短语:
  • adj.  你知道她在里吗?'`对不起, 我一点也不知道.'   Do you know where she is?' `Sorry, I haven't the faintest.' `
  • v.  你知道我在里可以弄到旧的地毯除尘器吗?   Do you know where I can get hold of a second-hand carpet cleaner?
  •   你要到哪个火车站?   Which station are you going to?
  • adj.  你要是看一下说明书就知道你错在儿了.   If you read the instructions, you'll see where you went wrong
  •   你说的是个史密司先生--是教历史的那个还是教音乐的?   Which Mr Smith do you mean the one who teaches history or the one who teaches music?
  • pron.  你读过的是哪些?   Which ones have you read?
  • n.  你进城一般走条路线?   Which way do you usually go to town?
  • n.  你那个废物儿子在儿呢?   Where's that good-for-nothing son of yours?
  • adj.  你那些所谓的朋友现在都到儿去了?   Where are your ,so-called `friends now?
  • adj.  你那匹矮种马养在儿?   Where do you stable your pony?
  • v.  你那条裙子是从儿买的?   that skirt?
  • n.  出名所付出的代价是不管你走到里, 都会被人认出来.   Being recognized wherever you go is the price you pay for being famous
  • n.  创造, 创作, 建立, 产生, 作品, 宇宙, 天地万物, 创建, 建设, 封授, 创造性演出, 新型服装, 哎呀, 天, 创造物, 世界, 万物, (前面与the连用)创世纪, 创作物   creation
  • adv.  到任何地方, 无论何处, 不论在里, 无论到里   whithersoever
  • adv.  到里, 往何处, 向何处, 随便什么地方, 到里, 去何处, (用于报纸标题)何去何从, 什么目的   whither
  • n.  到底是个家伙[是什麽鬼名堂/在什麽鬼地方]?   Where the deuce is that?