若中英惯用短语:
| - 假若下起雨来, 我们又没处避雨可怎麽办? What if it rains when we can't get under shelter?
- adj. 假若不会开汽车, 有辆汽车又有什麽用呢? It is pointless to have a car if you cannot drive it
- n. 假若他不是那麽精明强干的企业家, 就不会在这样冒险的事业中取得成功. He would not have succeeded in such a risky business if he had not been such a clever entrepreneur
- v. 假若他们提升我, 我就留下来, 但我看那是不可能的. I'd stay if they promoted me, but I can't see that happening
- adj. 假若你拿不准怎样做, 就来问我好了. If you're not sure how to do it, ask me
- n. 假若你现在就走, 一定得後悔. If you go now, you'll regret it, ie You will wish you had stayed
- conj. 假若你肯多给钱, 我就留下. I'll only stay if you offer me more money
- v. 假若因犯法被抓住, 藉口不知是犯法亦无济於事. Pleading ignorance of the law won't help you if you are caught
- 假若我们要去, 你是阻止不了的. going if we want to
- n. 假若旅馆已客满, 我们可以留你住宿. We can house you if the hotels are full
- v. 假若没有别的事, 我一定来. I will come if nothing intervenes
- v. 假若要起风, 就不要出海. If a gale threatens, do not go to sea
- v. 假若认为耳聋有趣, 这种幽默感十分不当. If you think deafness is funny, you've got a very misplaced sense of humour
- 假若说有什麽东西我无法忍受的话, 那就是不整洁. do sth with sb/sth (used in questions with what 用於疑问句中, 与what配合使用) If there's one thing I can't do with, it's untidiness.
- v. 假若谈判失败, 我们就采取罢工行动. If negotiations fail we shall have to resort to strike action
- 假若这本书不是苏珊的, 那末那本书就一定是她的了. If this isn't Susan's book that one must be hers
|
|
|