中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我准备到汉普敦的苗圃去买花草.   nurseries in Hampton to buy some plants
  • v.  我准是停放汽车的时候刮掉了一油漆.   I must have scraped some of the paint off when I was parking the car
  • v.  我去用过滤法煮咖啡.   I'll percolate some coffee, ie make it by percolating
  • v.  我发现了他写给简的一信, 赫然了解了他的为人[他居心何在].   to what he was up to when I found some of his letters to Jane
  • adj.  我发现有地名简直没法念.   I find some of the place-names barely pronounceable
  • n.  我发现灌木丛中有动静.   I detected a slight movement in the undergrowth
  • v.  我发觉他的行为有变化.   that his behaviour had changed
  • adj.  我受不了她或她那惺惺作态的朋友.   I can't stand her or her la-di-da friends
  • adv.  我受不了那咯咯的笑声和交头接耳的样子--只好离开了那间屋子.   All that giggling and whispering was too much for me I had to leave the room
  • adj.  我只花了3000英镑就买下了这辆旧汽车, 其价值远不止这.   I paid only 3000 for this used car but it's worth a lot more
  •   我叫詹姆斯去买面包.   I asked James to buy some bread
  • v.  我可不能让那人都在我的花坛里到处乱踩.   I don't want all those people trampling about all over my flower beds
  • adj.  我吃了这药片感到困倦无力.   These tablets make me feel rathersluggish
  • n.  我同意 你讲话的基本内容, 不过在一枝节问题上与你有分歧.   with what you say in substance, but differ on points of detail
  • n.  我听到关於她的怪事.   I've heard some odd tales about her
  • adj.  我听到花园里有可疑的声音.   I heard some very queer noises in the garden