中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我打用桃花心木做書櫥.   I'm going to use mahogany to make the book-case
  • v.  我打花一筆錢買輛新汽車.   I'm thinking of investing in a new car
  • v.  我打算讓你來接管.   I intend you to take over
  • n.  我打過個清靜的周末.   I have promised myself a quiet weekend
  • n.  我把雨傘留在傢裏失得很.   It was a big mistake to leave my umbrella at home
  •   我抽煙很多年了, 現在打戒了.   I've smoked cigarettes for years, but now I'm going to lay off (them).
  • v.  我欠你多少錢?'`了吧!'   How much do I owe you?' `Forget it!', ie Don't bother to pay me back. `
  • v.  我沒打算要你單獨來.   I never meant that you should come alone
  • n.  我的要求是夠明白的了--還要我再講清楚嗎?   My instructions seem simple enough do I have to spell them out again?
  • n.  我的計算有點錯誤.   I made a slight miscalculation
  • n.  我的計機知識很有限.   limited knowledge of computers
  • n.  我的論文寫了一頁, 這雖然不多, 但是開了個頭了.   it's not much but it's a start
  • n.  我看他們算不上闊氣.   I wouldn't say they were rich, ie In my opinion they aren't rich
  • v.  我不清這些帳目[數字].   figures
  • adj.  我是放了暑假了, 但卻未能真正休息.   sort of holiday in the summer but I couldn't really relax
  • n.  我給您介紹一下我們最新的計機好嗎?   Can I interest you in our latest computer?