中英慣用短語:
  • v.  我們的椅子太多了--一定是我錯了.   We've got too many chairs I must have miscounted
  • n.  我們的預需作重大修改.   Our budget needs drastic revision
  • adj.  我們雖不上關係密切, 但還常見面.   We're not exactly on intimate terms, but we see each other fairly often
  • v.  我們談談假期的打好嗎?   Can we speak about plans for the holidays?
  • n.  我們過去一錯答案, 數學老師就把我們狠訓一頓.   My maths teacher really used to jump on us when we got our answers wrong
  • v.  我公司的競爭對手把我們最好的計機程序編製員挖走了.   A rival firm poached our best computer programmers
  •   我原來確實打辭職, 但後來打消了這個念頭.   I did think of resigning, but I decided not to
  • n.  我可大略估一下你需要多少磚.   I can give you a rough estimate of the number of bricks you will need
  • pron.  我聽了她關於計機的講話之後似乎毫無收穫.   After hearing her talk on computers I'm afraid I'm none the wiser
  • adj.  我告訴他說他的思想不上是劃時代的.   I told him his idea was not exactly epoch-making
  •   我在計中什麽地方出了差錯?   did I go wrong in my calculation?
  • n.  我對計機技術如墮五裏霧中--完全不懂.   I'm in a complete fog about computer technology I don't understand it at all
  • v.  我總算掙紮著上了樓.   I just about managed to get up the stairs
  •   我打今年夏天盡情放任一下再說.   I think I'll just free-wheel this summer and see what happens
  • v.  我打算休一天假.   to take the day off
  • v.  我打算明天早早出發.   making an early start tomorrow