Chinese English Phrase:
  • v.  我从别人说话中总弄清楚他不来了.   From what people said, I managed to glean that he wasn't coming
  •   我从来不会联立方程式.   I could never do simultaneous equations
  • n.  我们与堂兄弟多年不和, 最後我们送给他们一张圣诞卡, 是化干戈为玉帛.   After years of quarrelling we at last sent our cousins a Christmas card as an olive-branch
  • n.  我们复制了计机磁盘以防意外.   We make copies of our computer disks as a safeguard against accidents
  • adj.  我们应该实事求是地先把费用出来, 然後再做决定.   We must be practical and work out the cost before we make a decision
  •   我们必须使承包者遵照他们的预办事(不许超支).   their estimates
  • adj.  我们总把行李都塞进汽车里了, 不过挤得要命.   We managed to get all the luggage into the car but it was a tight squeeze
  • adv.  我们打不久以後再次见面.   We plan to meet again in the not too distant future, ie quite soon
  • n.  我们打去西班牙度暑假.   We're going to Spain for our summer holiday(s).
  • n.  我们打去酒馆喝几杯啤酒.   We're going down to the pub for a few jars
  • v.  我们打在德文郡租间农舍住一个月.   We're taking a cottage in Devon for a month
  • v.  我们打攒够钱买所房子.   We're going to buy a house when we've saved enough money
  •   我们打称呼她为黛安娜.   We're going to call her Diana
  • v.  我们打躺著晒太阳, 晒上两个星期.   We're going to lie in the sun and roast for two weeks
  • n.  我们正生活在计机时代.   We are living in the computer era
  •   我们的帐算错了十镑.   We're ten pounds out in our accounts