中英惯用短语:
  •   惠斯特组合赛(由几对参赛者在各桌进行, 某参赛者一局後换至下一桌).   series of games of whist played by several sets of partners at different tables, with certain players moving after each round to the next table
  • conj.  想想吧, 那孩子现在一定都长大成人了.   If you think about it, those children must be grown-up by now
  • n.  感到有、 不、 不很、 非常...疼   feel some, no, not much, a lot of, etc pain
  •   感到有痛[不痛, 不太痛]   feel some [no, not much] pain
  • n.  愿意原谅丈夫的微不忠行为.   willing to forgive her husband's little infidelities
  • adj.  慢的, 缓慢的, 迟到的, 慢于...的, 晚于...的, 迟钝的, 没精神的, 冷漠的, 不轻易的, 作用缓慢的, 温和的, 燃烧缓慢的, 没趣的, 乏味的, 落后的, 落后于时代的, 不景气的, 妨碍前进的, 使减速的, 雨后不久因而尚有粘脚的, 孔径小的, 曝光慢的, 不险峻的, 迟缓的, 费时的, 呆笨的, 不活跃的, 笨拙的, 不敏捷的, 较正常时间慢了的(钟表), 不容许快速的, 减低速度的(表面)   slow
  • v.  我一想到要对这样的听众讲话, 就有胆小.   I was rather daunted by the thought of addressing such an audience
  • v.  我一直抬那重东西, 现在腰都痛了.   All that heavy lifting has given me a pain in the back
  • v.  我上当了! 这番茄一半是坏的!   I've been diddled! Half of these tomatoes are bad
  •   我不一定要出去, 只想吸新鲜空气.   I didn't need to go out but I wanted a breath of fresh air
  • n.  我不听这些骂人的话.   I refused to listen to these scurrilities
  •   我不在的时候, 你给这植物浇浇水行吗?   You'll water the plants while I'm away, won't you?
  • n.  我不太懂得瓷器, 估计不出这盘子的价钱.   I don't know enough about porcelain to be able to price these plates
  • v.  我不必细说那让人听了难受的事, 只说一句就够了, 整件事是个惨祸.   I won't go into all the depressing details; suffice it to say that the whole affair was an utter disaster
  • n.  我不要你那用过了的旧东西!   I don't want your old hand-me-downs
  •   我买了一花送给她表示歉意.   I bought her some flowers as a peace offering