中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我徒步旅行穿了两双靴子.   I wore out two pairs of boots on the walking tour
  • n.  我怀疑给这个孩子这麽多钱是好事还是事.   I question the wisdom of giving the child so much money
  • n.  我想到自己弄了电视机, 十分 急.   I sweated blood for a while thinking I'd broken the TV
  • v.  我的毛衣肘部已磨坏.   at the elbows
  • v.  我的汽车车身蹭墙划了.   I scraped the side of my car against a wall
  • v.  我的混帐汽车坏了!   My damn car has broken down
  • n.  我的眼镜了--我要再买一副.   My spectacles are broken I'll need to buy another pair
  • v.  我的靴子後跟在台阶上磨了.   I scuffed the heel of my boot on the step
  • adj.  我累了--我是跑著来的!   I'm completely knackered I ran all the way
  • n.  我累坏了.   I'm fair tuckered out
  • n.  我累了. 孩子夜里醒了三次. During the night can also be used in this sense 这一含义也可用during the night来表示   I'm exhausted. The baby woke up three times in the night.
  • adj.  我裤子的松紧带了(断了或老化了).   The elastic in my pants has gone, ie has broken or perished
  • adj.  我见到了出事的汽车, 心里已经想到了最的可能性.   I was prepared for the worst when I saw the wrecked car
  • vt.  打, 重击, 杀死, 破, 毁灭, 打败, 惩罚, 侵袭, 袭击, 使深深感动, 迷住, 使心中苦恼, 责备, 突然照到   smite
  • v.  打坏, 猛击   batter
  •   打某人的头部; 杀掉某人, 摧毁; 破, 挫败   knock sb. on the head