中英惯用短语:
  •   库曾毛毯   kotzen
  • abbr.  彼得·杰弗里斯, 生於1932年, 就读於汤布里奇学校.   Peter Jeffries, b 1932, ed Tonbridge Sch
  •   忏悔节(大斋首日的前一天, 人们常在此日忏悔请求赦罪). Cf 参看 Ash Wednesday (ash2).   day before the beginning of Lent, on which people were often shriven
  • v.  愉快、 活跃或振作起来(尤指病後或消沉)   become more cheerful, lively or vigorous, esp after illness or depression
  • adv.  我不知道他是否考虑过我的感受. (Ever is rarely used in the answer   I wondered if he'd ever stopped to think how I felt.
  • n.  我们上大学时长时间地辩论政治问题.   We had long debates at college about politics
  •   我们从罗马去伦敦的途中在巴黎停留.   We stopped at Paris en route from Rome to London
  • n.  我们在威尼斯度假时到附近的几个地方观光过.   excursions to places near by
  • pron.  我们有三只猫--现在一个活的也没有了.   are alive now
  • v.  我想我们未彼此介绍过(因此不知您怎麽称呼).   I don't think we've been introduced, ie and therefore I do not know your name
  • n.  我曾多次到罗马游览.   I've visited Rome
  • indef det  我多次登上埃菲尔铁塔的塔顶.   I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower many a time
  • n.  我想路过时就来看看你.   I thought I'd drop in on you while I was passing
  • adv.  我曾经见过你的母亲.   I once met your mother
  • n.  我未意识到问题的严重程度.   I did not realized the dimensions of the problem
  • v.  我记得他经反对该计画.   I remember his objecting to the scheme