中英慣用短語:
  • int.  他高興地嚮我打了一下呼.   He gave me a cheery hallo
  •   代替招股章程陳述書   statement in lieu of prospectus
  • v.  以可望而不可即之物)逗引或惹(人或動物)   by the sight of sth that is desired but cannot be reached (
  • n.  以張貼貼、 名單等形式)公開宣佈某事   sth by means of a poster, list, etc displayed publicly (
  • v.  以微笑, 點頭, 打呼等表示註意到或認出(某人)   by a smile, nod of the head, greeting, etc
  •   任意浪費必然緻可悲的貧乏。   Wilful waste makes woeful want.
  • n.  傳單, 招貼   handbill
  • v.  但願他別再晝夜不分地待他的朋友.   I wish he'd desist from entertaining his friends at all hours of the day and night
  •   住在基督教女青年會(待所).   stay at the YWCA (hostel)
  •   住在基督教青年會(待所).   stay at the YMCA (hostel)
  • vt.  作東, 作為主人待, 當主人待, 主機   host
  • n.  作為主人)待或款待某人   play host to sb receive and entertain sb as a guest (
  • adj.  你不能穿那種衣服出席待會--不太莊重.   You can't wear that to the reception it's not dressy enough
  • v.  你惹那條狗, 它會咬你的.   If you provoke the dog, it will bite you
  • n.  你玩弄那種老花騙不了我!   You can't fool me with that old trick
  • adj.  你要我評論同事的工作, 這無異置我於人怨尤的境地.   You put me in an invidious position by asking me to comment on my colleague's work