中英慣用短語:
  • v.  我的工作是我生活的心.   My life revolves around my job
  • n.  我的報銷申請包括 15 英鎊雜項支出.   My expenses claim includes 15 for sundries
  • n.  我的汽車好像了邪了--老是出故障.   My car seems to have a hoodoo on it it keeps breaking down
  • v.  我的汽車陷入泥, 一動也不動[我無法使它移動].   I can't budge it
  • n.  我的計劃在很大程度上仍在醖釀.   My plans are still very much in embryo
  • n.  我的課在中午十二點.   My lecture's at twelve noon
  • n.  我的運氣來了--在有奬抽彩我得了一輛新汽車.   My luck's in I won a new car in a raffle
  • prep.  我的那匹馬在比賽得了倒數第二名.   in the race
  • n.  我的飲料已加過酒了.   My drink has been laced
  • n.  我看見黑暗有個人影走近.   I saw a figure approaching in the darkness
  •   我看過這本書, 也看過這部電影. In negative sentences, not...either is used to indicate addition 在否定句, 用 not...either表示這種增加的成分   too.
  • n.  我真幸運, 被選出國旅行.   to be chosen for a trip abroad
  • v.  我睡不著覺, 所見所聞仍在頭腦轉來轉去.   my mind was still whirling from all I had seen and heard
  • n.  我站在茫茫一片莊稼之.   I stood amid a sea of corn
  • n.  我緊緊夾在兩個乘客間下不了公共汽車了.   I was so tightly wedged between two other passengers, I couldn't get off the bus
  • adj.  我纍得做不了飯了--咱們從國外賣餐館買些東西來吃吧.   I'm too tired to cook let's get something from the Chinese take-away