中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我以前从未当过中锋.   centre-forward before
  • n.  我们[你们/他们]间有个小偷.   their midst, ie among or with us, you, etc
  •   我们上星期考的学生都好极了. In non-defining relative clauses whom or who (not that) is used and the pronoun cannot be omitted 在非限定性关系从句, 要用 whom 或 who(不可用that)而且不可省略   we examined last week were excellent.
  • v.  我们中午乘船去加来.   We embarked for Calais at midday
  • v.  我们中午能到牛津吗?   D'you think we'll make Oxford by midday?
  • v.  我们断节目, 报告新闻快讯.   We interrupt this programme to bring you a news flash
  •   我们今天晚上节目最精彩的是国杂技表演.   The star turn in our show tonight will be a group of Chinese acrobats
  • n.  我们从九死一生的险境逃出.   We escaped by a hair's `breadth
  • n.  我们从几方面粗略的说法设法弄清了真相.   We managed to piece together the truth from several sketchy accounts
  • adv.  我们从无线电广播听到了这件事.   We heard it over the radio
  •   我们从罗马去伦敦的途曾在巴黎停留.   We stopped at Paris en route from Rome to London
  • n.  我们从这场灾难仍不断汲取教训.   We are still absorbing the lessons of this disaster
  • v.  我们从门票收入赚回演出的费用.   We recouped the show's expenses from ticket sales
  •   我们决心要把这件事弄对! (b) Should and would are used in clauses after be certain, be determined, insist, etc *should和would用於从句的be certain、 be determined、 insist等词语之後   We `will get the thing right!
  • adj.  我们击了对方快速投来的球.   We batted on a lively pitch, ie a cricket pitch that caused the ball to move sharply
  • n.  我们只好从(人群)挤了过去.   We had to push our way through (the crowd).