中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我們現在不知道他的下.   We've lost all trace of him, ie We no longer know where he is
  • n.  我們盼望天氣好, 這倒並未空.   Our hopes for fine weather were not disappointed
  • adj.  我們眼前的地面垂直地陷下去.   The ground dropped away sheer at our feet
  • v.  我們破滅的希望又重新燃起[低的情緒又重新振作起來].   spirits revived
  • v.  我作了日光浴後, 皮膚有些脫.   After sunbathing, my skin began to peel
  • n.  我因毒品事入警方手中.   I'm in trouble with the police over drugs
  • adj.  我想我很可能得到這份工作, 可是假設鮑勃也申請的話, 那[他]可能使我的計畫空.   he could queer my pitch
  • n.  我把樂譜落在傢裏了.   I'd left my music at home
  • v.  我把手套在公共汽車上了.   I've left my gloves on the bus
  •   我把提包在上班的地方了.   I've left my bag at work
  • n.  我的計謀落空了.   My ruse failed
  • n.  我的鄰居把葉從墻頭上倒進我的花園裏了.   My neighbour has been tipping dead leaves over the wall into my garden
  • v.  我被下的石塊擊中了.   I was hit by a falling stone
  •   我(工作)落後了.   I'm getting behind (with my work).
  • n.  戰舞(部戰士跳的, 如作戰前或慶祝凱旋的).   dance performed by the warriors of a tribe, eg before going into battle or to celebrate a victory
  • n.  所拾得的穗, 收集物, 拾遺, 搜集到的情報或新聞   gleanings