中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我多少猜到了這件事會生.   I sort of thought this might happen
  • adv.  我對生的事情衹有支離破碎的瞭解.   I've only had a piecemeal account of what happened
  •   我將試着找出為何我們給你的襯衫是小尺碼,我將盡早告訴你結果   I'll try to find out why the shirts we sent you are a smaller size and inform you of the result as soon as possible
  • adj.  我小時候是鬈發.   I had curly hair when I was little
  • v.  我已受邀在大會上言.   I've been invited to give a talk at the conference
  • v.  我並不希望生這樣的事.   I didn't want that to happen
  • n.  我很想聽聽可能會生什麽變動, 但是(關於這一點)不管怎麽打聽, 他們就是不說.   I wanted to hear about possible changes, but I couldn't draw them (on that).
  • v.  我得了14張牌, 發錯了!   I've got 14 cards; it's a misdeal
  • n.  我想嚮言者提一個問題.   I'd like to put a question to the speaker
  • v.  我打算明天早早出發.   making an early start tomorrow
  • v.  我找到幾個助手散傳單.   I rustled up a few helpers to hand out leaflets
  • v.  我把頭上的洗劑衝洗乾淨了.   I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair
  • v.  我把孩子打發上床了.   I've sent the children to bed
  •   我方收到你方今日出的傳真/電報,電文如下:   We have received your fax/telegram of today's date, which reads as follows
  •   我無法打發他們回傢.   I don't have the authority to send them home
  • n.  我有兩個孩子, 一個頭是金色的, 一個是黑色的.   I have one fair and one dark child