中英慣用短語:
  •   你真正是並不重要,重要的是你的所做所為。--《蝙蝠俠:開戰時刻》,雷切爾•道斯(凱蒂•赫爾姆斯   “It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you. ”Batman Begins (2005) - Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes)
  • v.  你知道拿破侖是誰嗎?   Do you know who Napoleon was?
  • n.  你究竟支持? (你應該支持我.)   Whose side are you on anyway? ie You should be supporting me
  •   你給誰打電話呢?   Who are you phoning?
  • n.  你花錢, 你挑選(都一樣碰運氣).   one should choose whatever alternative course of action, explanation etc, one wants, since any one is as good as any other
  • indef det  你認為誰會得票最多?   most votes?
  • v.  切牌(從一副紙牌中拿起一部分翻轉過來以决定由發牌、 先出牌等)   in order to decide who is to deal, play first, etc
  •   剛纔你正和一個人說話, 他是?   Who was that man you were talking to?
  • n.  到底是[是什麽/在哪兒]?   Where the dickens is that?
  • n.  到底是幹的, 我猜了幾次沒猜著就不再猜了.   After a few shots at guessing who did it, I gave up
  • v.  衹有一個枕頭--我跟你擲硬幣决定用吧.   There's only one pillow I'll toss you for it
  • v.  衹有她纔會把那件事見就告訴.   It's just like her to tell everyone about it
  • adj.  名單上的下一個是誰?   Who's next on the list?
  • n.  哨兵發出的止步命令, 並問來者是   order given by a sentry to stop and say who one is
  • v.  唱布魯斯歌也比不上她.   No one sings the blues like she did
  • n.  喂, 你是誰呀?   Well, who may `you be?