中英惯用短语:
  •   幕捐; 钱; [口]拿帽子向人讨钱(如街头卖唱者)   go round with the hat (=make the hat go round)
  •   应急的或临时数的人; 临时拉来帮忙的人   Jack at a pinch
  • n.  彻底溃败, 热闹的人, 大败, 溃败, 溃逃, 溃退   rout
  •   我们已有十名运动员, 尚需一名才能成一个队.   We have ten players, so we need one more to make up a team
  • n.  我们每人2英镑, 让约翰去给大家买吃的.   We each put 2 in the kitty, and then sent John to buy food for everybody
  • v.  我们没有弄到合适的材料, 只好临时合了.   As we've not got the proper materials, we'll just have to improvise
  • adj.  我们还少两个人(才能成一个队).   We are still two men shy (of a full team).
  • n.  我们需要物色两名队员才能成一个队.   IWe need to rake up two more players to form a team
  • n.  我只能勉强把法语的几个词拼在一起.   I can just manage to string a few words of French together
  • n.  戳, 刺, 捅, 发掘地点, 古迹的挖掘, 挖苦, 讽刺, 掘出, 挖出, 发掘, 出, 捐出   dig
  • vt.  扒成, 拼凑成   scrabble
  • adj.  打草稿用的,凑合的   scratch
  • adj.  把别处发表过的文章拼一起而成的书   a scrappy book consisting of articles published elsewhere
  • n.  把破碎的文件拼起来以阅读其内容.   piece together the torn scraps of paper in order to read what was written
  • n.  抓痕, 抓的声音, 乱写, 搔伤, 抓搔声, 刮擦声, 抓, 刮, 搔, 临时成的, 匆匆组成的, 擦伤   scratch
  • adj.  拼的文章、 小说、 演出   a patchy essay, novel, performance