中英慣用短語:
  • v.  我們該走了.   It's time we were wending our way, ie We must go
  • v.  我們該返回傢去了.   It's time we turned and went back home
  • adj.  我們說不清該責怪誰.   who was to blame
  • v.  我們這個效益很差的稅收制度應廢除.   We should dismantle our inefficient tax system
  • v.  我們都應該互相幫助.   We must all help each other
  • n.  我反對計畫的主要理由是代價太高.   My main objection to the plan is that it would be too expensive
  • n.  我反對項計畫, 理由是花費太大.   I object to the plan on the grounds that it is too expensive
  • adj.  我在報告中對問題作了詳細的探討.   The question is discussed at large in my report
  • v.  我在琢磨該怎樣回答.   I am pondering how to respond
  • n.  我對於他做項工作的能力持保留看法(懷疑他能否胜任).   about his ability to do the job
  •   我就在這兒等著, 一直等到走的時候.   I'll wait here until it's time to go
  • adj.  我應先審慎打探一下這傢公司的底細, 然後您再簽字.   I should make a few discreet enquires about the firm before you sign anything
  • v.  我應怎樣著手尋找工作? go about with sb => go round/around/about with sb.   How should I go about finding a job?
  •   我應該找誰辦這件事?   To whom should I refer the matter?
  • v.  我應該重讀哪個詞?   Which word should I emphasize?
  • n.  我很後悔不該說那話.   I regret what I said