中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我們這條街的民每年舉行一次狂歡會.   Our street puts on a carnival every year
  • adj.  我們那些可惡的鄰居   those accursed neighbours of ours
  • v.  我發現了他寫給簡的一些信, 赫然瞭解了他的為人[他心何在].   to what he was up to when I found some of his letters to Jane
  • adj.  我和妻子分居了.   I'm separated from my wife
  • v.  我在此地住多年, 已習慣寒冷的氣候.   After living here for years I've become inured to the cold climate
  • v.  我妹妹無法把她的書桌搬入新, 我就是這樣纔得到它的.   that's how I came to acquire it
  • adv.  我已給我全家人都寄去了請帖. 還要給你傢的人及鄰們寄.   I've sent cards to all my family. Then there's your family and the neighbours
  • n.  我的鄰把落葉從墻頭上倒進我的花園裏了.   My neighbour has been tipping dead leaves over the wall into my garden
  • v.  我的鄰穿著晨衣去上班. 真不可思議!   My neighbour wears his dressing-gown to work. The mind boggles
  • n.  我肯定鄰暗中監視我.   I'm sure my neighbours spy on me
  • v.  我捨不得離開傢, 所以决定不移國外了.   I was deterred from emigrating by the thought of leaving my family
  • n.  我要避免與鄰有任何不快.   I want to avoid any unpleasantness with the neighbours
  • n.  我遷到這個國傢是心中有數的, 所以我並無怨言.   I moved to this country with my eyes open; so I'm not complaining
  • adj.  我那愛嘮叨的鄰已把秘密泄露了.   My garrulous neighbour had given away the secret
  • n.  房客, 佃戶, 承租人, 租戶, 住者, 占有者, 不動産占有者, 不動産訴訟的被告, (常與of連用)租賃者, 租客   tenant
  • vi.  紮營, 宿營, 營, 裝模作樣, 做作, 露營   camp