中英惯用短语:
  • adj.  我冒著雨门, 浑身都淋透了.   I went out in the rain and got saturated
  • adj.  我几乎认不她就是我上学时认识的那个女孩儿.   She was barely recognizable as the girl I had known at school
  • n.  我十英镑买你的旧自行车.   I'll give you a tenner for your old bike
  • v.  我差以前需要练习一下意大利语.   I need to practise my Italian before my business trip
  • n.  我於对主人的尊敬, 不对他那易引起争论的话表示异议.   In deference to our host I decided not to challenge his controversial remarks
  • v.  我於无奈向别人要钱而自觉有失尊严.   I felt degraded by having to ask for money
  • n.  我生於东部, 但现在住在洛杉矶.   I was born in the East, but now live in Los Angeles
  • v.  我门通常乘坐公共交通工具.   I normally travel by public transport
  • prep.  我分不双胞胎中谁是谁.   I can't tell one twin from the other
  • v.  我刚提筹集基金的问题, 他急忙插嘴说问题已经解决了.   When I brought up the question of funding, he quickly interjected that it had been settled
  •   我到纽约公干时常顺便看场演.   I generally try to take in a show when I'm in New York on business
  • adv.  我原先满以为会失业, 所以这次晋升完全乎意料.   I was fully expecting to lose my job, so this promotion has come as a complete surprise
  • adj.  我可以看见有烟从对面房子的窗户冒来.   I could see smoke coming out of the windows of the house opposite
  • n.  我可以给你举她故意粗暴待人的几个例子.   I can quote you several instances of her being deliberately rude
  • pron.  我可以给你说一百个不去的理由.   I could give you a hundred reasons for not going
  • n.  我可不起那样的价钱.   I can't afford it at that price